Great first date, good connection but dont know how to proceed.

MrNameless

Hey peeps,

I met this girl who I wanted to date, so I asked her out. She agreed, but was very busy and not able to do so within a short time span. It had to be after 2 weeks. I planned accordingly and had that date last saterday, went for dinner to a great restaurant not to expensive but not cheap either. Me beeing a former cook, which she liked cause she didn't cook. Advised on some of the dishes. Basically we immediately hit it off and had great time, ofcourse from my perspective. At the end of the evening she told me she smoked and before we go she wanted to smoke a sigarret, so we did. While we walked to our cars, she told me she had a great time and that she would plan the next date, she had something in mind that I would like. I made a snappy but funny comment about not making me wait to long she laughed kissed me on the cheak and said no I wont I promise! We both went our separate ways at that point.

The next day around mid day I texted her that I had a great time and that I was looking forward to the mysterious date she's going to plan.

5 days go by, no response to that text. (I did not send any additional text)

So on friday evening I called her. With a plan to take her out to a salsa dance off, I thought she might like. No answer, the next day I receive a text saying she noticed i called, she had been busy and still is, she'll call me back next week.

I have not responded to that text as per my point of view the ball is in her court and I'm playing the waiting game. But is this the best approach?

I've never had this particular situation.

Basically I would like some input on how you guys would handle this from this point. Or what you girls would expect?

Kind regards Nameless.

SunnySide0418

I'm sorry but it seems she's not really that into you. When someone is interested they make time for at least a quick chat or text.

• Like 3

Sadly, I don't think she is as into this as you are. All you can do is walk away with your head held high. Sorry.

DatingDirection

Yes, I wouldn't respond to her text, that was a good thing you didn't reply to her text. Just move on, even if she responds to you next week, which is highly unlikely, but if she does respond, I think it's rude of her to go out of her way to tell you she will plan the next day, telling you she had a great time, and then again tell you she will get back to you next week as she's been so "busy". Guess what....YOUR BUSY TOO NOW, HAHA. HER LOSS.

fitnessfan365

She was actually into you at the end of the date. That's why she mentioned future plans. However, you made two mistakes.

1) You didn't go for a kiss. IF you have a good time and want to see a woman again, ALWAYS go for a kiss.

2) Your "humorous" comment of "Don't make me wait too long" turned her off and gave her a needy vibe. That's why she literally gave you the kiss off on your cheek. Humor tends to be driven by an undertone of honest emotion. So subconsciously you were telling her that you didn't want to wait to see her again.

Then by repeatedly chasing her after the date, you proved her suspicions.