Is my ex trying to reconnect?

WordDude

Hi all,

I broke up with a girl about a year and a half ago. We weren't really connecting, largely because of crazy work schedules and us both dealing with a lot of personal issues. We rarely talked after the split, awkwardly running into each other a few times and exchanging a few random texts.

Recently, she has been texting me, and invited me to a small party (we have several mutual friends). She said she has been wanting to talk for a long time but wasnt sure it was a good idea. At the party, she did not sit anywhere near me or treat me any differently than the other guests. I took this to be a "water under the bridge" gesture on her part, and nothing more. In the passing week or so, however, we have been texting a lot -- inside jokes, conversations late into the night, etc. We have also both apologized for our attitudes towards the end of the relationship and admitted that the timing was bad.

Is it possible that she is wanting to give things another try, or is she perhaps just looking to put a rocky past behind us and move on without that burden on her shoulders?