Am I Being Clingy???

PreciousOne

PreciousOne

I met a man about two weeks ago and I really like him. I know that it hasn't been long but, I cant help how I feel. Anyway as we were taking a stroll through the park the other night he said he can tell that I really like him and that he likes that. He often talks about marriage and how he wants to be married again (he's been divorced twice).

I feel like I like him more than he likes me, does that make me seem clingy. Im not constantly calling or anything but, I told him I think I like him more and he neither confirmed or denied. I do believe he likes me but maybe I'm coming on too strong.

Am I making a big deal over nothing or should I just back off completely.

PumpkinLumpkin

First rule of fight club is: Don't give him more info than he gives you.

Second rule of fight club is: Don't give him more info than he gives you.

• Like 5
  • Author
PreciousOne

So now what do I do I can't call and say I don't like you. LOL I feel like such a dork.

Where do I go from here?

PumpkinLumpkin
So now what do I do I can't call and say I don't like you. LOL I feel like such a dork.

Where do I go from here?

Don't do anything. Just act like it never happened.

• Like 5

You don't need to spill your every thought. It's far too soon to be asking him to get invested and bringing up the subject is pressuring him to do that and he knows that.

DoesntGetIt
First rule of fight club is: Don't give him more info than he gives you.

Second rule of fight club is: Don't give him more info than he gives you.

I'm guessing that is common knowledge for women?

I was out with one who I couldn't get anything out of until I finally said "I'm really into you" and then she was willing to talk about all kinds of stuff.

You tricky minxes.

Let him initiate most of the contacting. I think you messed up when you said " I think I like you more then u like me"... Sounds kinda clingyish and scary

• Like 2

You have known this guy for two weeks & he has already discussed marriage? Really? That alone seems odd. Coupled with the fact that he has already been divorced twice, I would hang on to my heart around him. He needs to be viewed very skeptically at this point.

If he mentions again that he thinks you like him more than he likes you, say something like "well that is your opinion" & change the subject.

Meanwhile do yourself a huge favor go on a date with somebody else. This guy is not somebody who you need to be exclusive with so quickly.

• Like 3
regine_phalange

No, I don't think there's something wrong with how you feel. But:

1) The fact that he discusses marriage early on makes me suspicious. He may be mentioning it so you can have hope and he can get away with bad future behaviour. Or maybe not. That's just me.

2) He can tell you really like him? What kind of statement is this. He should be talking about how he likes you, not how you like him! Again, have your eyes open in case he wants to exploit you. Maybe it didn't mean anything, but again, this is just me.

There is nothing wrong with him talking about marriage. He is not talking about marriage with her, he is talking marriage in general and it being his goal, just like someone would say in date 1-2-3 he/she looking forward to find 'the one' and be in a committed relationship.

Continue being yourself, don't change anything except you need to stop telling him you think you are into him much more he's into you. Tell him you like him, if he replies he likes you then believe him.

• Like 1
I met a man about two weeks ago

He often talks about marriage and how he wants to be married again (he's been divorced twice).

I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon for anyone to be talking about marriage. That's a red flag to me.

Do you like him so much because he keeps talking about marriage and you think you're going to be "the one"? A guy who hasn't been able to make 2 marriages work should be someone you go really, really slowly with.

I don't really think you have been clingy in what you said but don't say it again.

My concern would be 'keeps talking about marriage' within two weeks.

Maybe it is just one of his plans in life but talking about it (or to keep talking about it more precisely) with such a new date would make me cautious and watching out for other signs that he might be wanting to move way too fast.

What has he told you exactly about his previous marriages/relationships and why they ended?

to add: Knowing that you like him as much as you do, he could be using marriage talk as a way of manipulating you; certainly with effing with your head. I think it's manipulation, quite frankly.

OP, you're post reminds me of the old days. Pursuing uncertainty, posturing, playing games, etc... While their kind of fun, I do not miss those days!

Good luck to you. I'm sure everything will work out just fine. Don't forget men appreciate a little bit of a challenge :)

• Like 1

I also don't think it's a problem to talk about marriage on the first dates. People who are looking for it as an end goal do discuss it.

But stop showing you're more interested than he is, that's an attraction killer if it's said too early. Try to relax.

• Author
PreciousOne

He doesnt talk about us getting married, he just says thats his goal he has had two failed marriages one his fault and one not his fault. I know he's interested but i just hate to hear him say he can tell he really likes me. Neither of us want to rush into anything, he doesn't pressure me sexually nor I him.he seems to just like to go out and that's a new experience for me. He seems as if he's an honest person so far but like you all said I'll just take my time and think level headed.

Thanks.

I met a man about two weeks ago and I really like him. I know that it hasn't been long but, I cant help how I feel. Anyway as we were taking a stroll through the park the other night he said he can tell that I really like him and that he likes that. He often talks about marriage and how he wants to be married again (he's been divorced twice).

I feel like I like him more than he likes me, does that make me seem clingy. Im not constantly calling or anything but, I told him I think I like him more and he neither confirmed or denied. I do believe he likes me but maybe I'm coming on too strong.

Am I making a big deal over nothing or should I just back off completely.

Telling a man after two weeks how much you like or care for him is too soon to be telling a man that. You can demonstrate your interest by being receptive to his calls, requests for dates, responding, flirting, laughing, being yourself, and apparently you were doing that because "he said he can tell that I really like him and that he likes that". That's enough in the beginning. By saying it now, it's kinda like overkill and pushing. "I told him I think I like him more and he neither confirmed or denied. He is being smart, he's managing his emotions and expectations. You should be too. Observe his actions now. If he starts to drop off with communication or response time, don't start calling or texting. Let some space happen. If he liked you enough, he'll continue the pursuit.

Now that you've said it though, it's recoverable. Just sit back a little and let him come to you. You still don't know enough about him to be getting to the point of talking about your feelings for each other.