Courage to ask a woman for her number

My lover

Please someone help. When I start talking to a woman I find attractive. I just can not ask for her number. I know nothing bad would happen except no or a fake number. I wish I could just walk up to an attractive woman and say something like your gorgeous can I have your number. I can not ask them iif their single and give them my number But I just for some reason. I had hypnotherapy and found it worked the once. Is this strange? and can anyone relate to this?. How can I over come this?. Please help guys and girls thankyou.

fitnessfan365

Well to be honest, I think some guys put too much stock into simply getting a woman's number. Women can give their number just to get rid of a guy, be interested at first and then change their mind, etc.. What matters is actually getting her on a date with you.

So just getting a number really isn't that big of a deal. If you have that mindset, you might not be as nervous. In my opinion, it takes balls to set up plans right on the spot. Then you simply exchange numbers in case something comes up or plans need to be re-scheduled.

• Like 2

And don't ever lead with a comment about how she looks. Lie and say she looks "interesting" instead. I know it's not easy getting up the nerve. Cold approaches like that on strangers rarely ever work anyway. You'll have much better luck and it will seem more natural if you instead use your energy finding activities you like to do that women might also like to do and start meeting people that way, because then you can easily have a conversation: "Aren't the giraffes great?" "I always throw a gutter ball too" "It's wonderful that you donate your time to this (charity). Here's a 20. Can I call for a receipt?"

• Like 1
fitnessfan365
And don't ever lead with a comment about how she looks. Lie and say she looks "interesting" instead. I know it's not easy getting up the nerve. Cold approaches like that on strangers rarely ever work anyway. You'll have much better luck and it will seem more natural if you instead use your energy finding activities you like to do that women might also like to do and start meeting people that way, because then you can easily have a conversation: "Aren't the giraffes great?" "I always throw a gutter ball too" "It's wonderful that you donate your time to this (charity). Here's a 20. Can I call for a receipt?"

Don't agree with this AT ALL. I got numbers/dates on cold approaches all the time back when I was doing real life dating full time and I did it by being direct about what I found attractive.

1) Beating around the bush and denying your attraction insults a woman's intelligence and shows you have no confidence.

2) When you see a woman that you're attracted to, you don't know anything about her. All you have to go on is what attracted you.

3) If a woman didn't want to be complimented physically, she wouldn't put effort into her hair, outfit, or her body with exercise.

But, what I try to do is tie the surroundings or something on her into the conversation combined with me being direct about my physical attraction. Awhile ago I saw this beautiful woman in the produce section at the grocery store. Had workout pants and athletic shoes on. Looked like a hardcore Crossfit athlete. She was grabbing some apples and I needed some too. So I started grabbing a few and said "How many deadlifts a week does it take to get those pants to look that good on you?"

She smiled and laughed a bit asking how I knew she deadlifted. The conversation took care of itself, and I walked away with her number. Actually saw her for awhile too.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thankyou to everyone who replyed so soon. I am 41 always told I look younger. Why do men find it hard to read a woman's body languaage?. I'm the same. A woman can tell and knows if a guy finds them attractive. The woman starts to preen and play with her hair. She looks then looks away. It could be nerves. So how do I know if a woman is giving me a green light?. What do I do? or ddo next?. It is o.k. to look but that doesn't get you anywhere. I am always worried about what other people say and think. Also if I try to start a conversation with a woman she will bbe thinking he is trying to chat me up probably for sex. I ddo get some attention but I'm never sure in what way. Please reply with your thoughts ideas and and any advice thanks.

I wish I could just walk up to an attractive woman and say something like your gorgeous can I have your number.

There is a reason why you can't and thats because in general women would find this a bit OTT unless in a bar etc in which case they would think your a pick up artist. Very very few men can carry this off...

Instead why not approach someone you like and ask them a question or make comment. Isn't it lovely today after a cold winter... What book is that your reading - any good? I am stuck, I want to buy my mother some flowers to cheer her up but have no clue which bunch to choose... Get into conversation then after a couple of minutes say something along the lines of its been lovely chatting to you. I would like to spend more time with you can I give you a ring sometime?

Low key, less offensive and obtrusive and a much subtler approach. Gives them a chance to get to know you a bit before they make their decision. Women are more likely to say yes to men they know than strangers... So get to know them a bit.

• Like 2
Looked like a hardcore Crossfit athlete. She was grabbing some apples and I needed some too. So I started grabbing a few and said "How many deadlifts a week does it take to get those pants to look that good on you?"

She smiled and laughed a bit asking how I knew she deadlifted. The conversation took care of itself, and I walked away with her number. Actually saw her for awhile too.

Kinda surprised that worked lol.

• Author

Why do guys find reading signs of interest from a woman's body language difficult? and confusing. I have missed several oppertunities because I didn't know. She's playing. with her hair. Could be a sign that she's preening and trying to make herself look good for the guy. Or she could just be feeling nervous. How do you tell the difference. You can't solely rrely on one sign of interest. If you think she's giving you the green light to approach her. What do you do? and say?. Please help answers mainly from women thankyou.

LifeandPerseverance

It's a phone number. Not a binding contract that she's going to date you. You just ask. If you don't ask, you'll never know. Look at it as minor. Unless you're like 14, this shouldn't be a big deal. Take a deep breath, smile, and if she turns you down, oh well. At least you try.

fitnessfan365
Kinda surprised that worked lol.

Let's be real here. Women invest time in their wardrobe, hair style, bodies with exercise, etc to attract male attention. Granted, the male attention they receive isn't always the right kind. But all the same, she wants to use what she has to attract the right type of guy.

Since I was smart enough to pick up on her lifestyle and confident enough to let her know that I was attracted in a playful direct way, it pushed her buttons. I didn't just walk up and say "Hey baby, great ass" or any other sort of lame line. I was just authentic and confident in my approach.

• Author

Thankyou for your message. When I get talking to a woman I find attractive and would like to get her number. I just freeze and can't. I know its silly and very frustrating. How can I over come it. I know if you don't ask then you might not get. Nothing ventued nothing gained. But its putting it into practice and I don't know whats the easiest and best way to go about it. I dont think anything bad would happen. Like the woman might get nasty. I've told myself its only words. I can ask if their single and give my number. Maybe you can help? me please. Thanks!.

Nevermind getting her number, if you can't do that one little bit, I'm skeptical that you're able to generate rapport/comfort with her. Unless you do that first, getting the number is the least of your worries...

If you're chatting up a girl and you seem to be hitting it off, THEN ask for a number. Make sure you're teasing/flirting with her so you both know it's more than just being friendly.