UFC dates

PogoStick

I wanted to watch Anderson Silva on UFC Saturday night so I created a Meetup event. It's usually difficult to get anyone to join me. One guy and one girl signed up, but often when it's so few that means nobody will show. So I asked a girl from POF if she'd want to come (first date). I did explain to her that other people might show up, but I scheduled it so we'd have dinner at the sports bar 1-2 hours before the UFC started so we'd have time alone.

I met the POF girl for dinner. Funny thing is the meetup guy didn't show, but the meetup girl came with a friend. It was all a little weird and comical. The 2 girls were early 20s and my date and I are later 30's. I wondered if the younger girls felt threatening to my date?

Anyway, my date leaves as the fights are just starting. This was actually planned as she wasn't interested in the fights and just wanted to meet me for dinner. So now I'm left with the 2 other girls for the evening. I wondered what the waitress must have thought about me the whole evening?

Well it was fun. The girls were being typical and grilling me about the date and joking around. I think they were being flirty too. When we all left for the night one said "you better start coming to more meetups". I guess that's a subtle hint.

I felt awkward but my date seemed cool with everything and was texting me the following day.

So anyway, there's how you meet 3 girls in one date.

That worked out nicely!!

UFC PPV/pub nights were date night with my (now ex bf) .

I loved em.

I so wanted to go see the Silva fight on Saturday but my friends really aren't that into UFC.

I ended up watching it on Sunday.

Glad he won! :)

But that's a really good idea about the meetup.

I might look for that or start one (if it doesn't exist) in my city.

Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and meet me some cute girls I mean guys :p

Oh and you were wondering if the 20 something girls were threatening to your date - I really don't think they were if she was happy to leave you with them and then texted you normally the next day. I think that shows that she's not threatened by them at all - and that's a good thing.

So will you be seeing POF girl again?

• Author

I've tried to host several UFC nights at sports bars for Meetup and I never get much attendance. Since UFC attracts so many guys, I think it would be a great place for you to meet them! As long as you don't mind Affliction shirts :p I'm not sure why girls hate on those shirts.

Yes I'm open to seeing the girl again. It was just a shortish first date so it's way early to know how we fit. A big problem is I have very limited time and she lives 45 minutes away.

I'm also glad to have met the other girls. It's my first meetup in a new city. Doubt I would date them but they might help me meet others down the road. Also, I'll probably end up interning at the same place as one of the girls later this year. It's just always interesting how lives intersect.

Funny, I had to google Affliction shirts to know what you were talking about.

I never noticed them, never had feelings about them one way or the other - so at least now I know they wont be an issue. hehe

45 mins away is kinda far (I think so anyways) but yeah who knows how things will go.

It is really neat how things work out sometimes. It's totally awesome that you're getting out there and meeting new people in a new city.

Have fun!

and if I start that UFC meetup group and meet me a fine fella that I like - I'll def give you credit :)