I'm important to her, but she never shows interest?

Digitalflea

We're close, she knows I have feelings for her, and she's often said that she never wants to lose me and that she really cares for me, I've been crazy about her for 2 years now.

I've been watching over her, protecting her, giving her the advice she wants, being a good listener, and I'm always there for her, yet she's been interested in pretty much every other guy that she's interacted with in her life except for me, and all of those guys have never been there for her before and she barely knows them.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I know the common answer from some people would be that she's the problem and to forget about her if she's acting that way, but I genuinely care about her and I'm not willing to let her go for that. Any advice?

We're close, she knows I have feelings for her, and she's often said that she never wants to lose me and that she really cares for me, I've been crazy about her for 2 years now.

I've been watching over her, protecting her, giving her the advice she wants, being a good listener, and I'm always there for her, yet she's been interested in pretty much every other guy that she's interacted with in her life except for me, and all of those guys have never been there for her before and she barely knows them.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I know the common answer from some people would be that she's the problem and to forget about her if she's acting that way, but I genuinely care about her and I'm not willing to let her go for that. Any advice?

What are you doing wrong? All of the above in "QUOTE"

All the things you are doing are normal in a RELATIONSHIP...but, when you do them for someone before a romantic connection is made/established you get cast into the friendzone and are now o'l faithful...her emotional tampon and doormat.

Lesson learned, don't do all you did for someone who isn't interested in you romantically, hasn't reciprocated the same romantic interest, and hasn't earned such treatment.

• Like 1

She does not like you in 'that way'. Nothing you can do about it. It's not something you or her can control. It's there or it's not, and in her case it's not.

• Like 1

You know why she's interested in any other guy except you? Because you're friendzoned and always available to her. If there's a miniscule chance that she'll want to be with you, you'll have to..... Disappear.

• Like 1

You have to set boundaries. Don't ever give more than you give back. The way you wrote about protecting and all that sounded more like a brother or a father. Don't give yourself to someone who isn't reciprocating. You are creating your own problem here of being in the friendzone because you require NOTHING from her in return for your every loyalty and helpfulness. That's just not respected.

• Like 1

You are playing the role that you created for yourself.

If you don't like it, refer to self.