doesn't respond to text but shows up

brasco123

Ok i'm dating this girl I really like but I have an issue. The first time we agreed to hang out we texted on Tuesday then nothing until I text her on saturday saying I can be there at 7 on sunday. She responds 24 hours later and shows up. I called her on Monday and she didnt answer so i texted her that i was going to buy the tickets for the show I asked to her to see saturday. No response. I text her something funny on Friday to see if she's still coming. She says yes and shows up. We have a great date. Made out for a while at the end. I tell her I will call her and ask if playingly if she's going to be "radio silent" again. She says no, she just gets busy (she's getting her doctorate and is med school.) Now I tried calling her again this monday, no answer so I text again saying we will go out Saturday again and tell her a little plan of mine.) Now it's tuesday. No response still. See she goes silent but then still shows up. She says she's not a flake and that has proven true. What's going on here? Is just insanely busy? Does she not want to commit to something this far in advance? Is she hoping for something better ( this I doubt because we click really well and i can ell she's into me. Plus I doubt she has the time to date multiple guys) Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks all

You pay for both of you so far?

She says she is not a flake but after promising not going radio silent on you she does just that...meh.

I understand being busy but leaving a call or a text unattended for days is plane rude. Noticed how she only replies to confirm her presence?

To me it looks like she is interested in socializing, going out, but not into building a connection with you. Yes yes yes you think she is so much into you but how many threads we have on here of people saying 'but he-she seemed so into me'.

• Author

Could I just text her "hey, is there a good time to call you so we can figure out exactly what we are doing this weekend?" I try to text messages that don't require a response. But this girl seems to take it so far that she doesn't respond at all and is just like "alright well I guess we're doing that...." I dunno

• Author

Didn't see that first part. I got the tickets and she got the drinks. Then we went very to the and the bars we went to afterwards. She's loaded. She doesn't want/need money

Some people hate text and use it as a form of information exchange rather than communication.

You have said you have tickets and what time so she knows she will be doing that on that day.

Other people are text happy and read into it.

When in doubt speak... with voices and all.

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed

sounds like a girl I was into for a bit.

She was super busy with **** going on. Didn't message much, but I don't know, usually after a day, I would get a couple short texts from her.

When I asked her to do something, a day or two later she would either say she can not or would commit. Then when she showed up, I had her undivided attention for the evening.

She only wanted to be friends.

Not sure if the texting was a sign of that or just happened after the few times we met.

evanescentworld
Some people hate text and use it as a form of information exchange rather than communication.

You have said you have tickets and what time so she knows she will be doing that on that day.

Other people are text happy and read into it.

When in doubt speak... with voices and all.

Oh goodness, yes!! The voice!! Some people honestly forget they even have one!!

(O/T comment: See my thread.)

Oh goodness, yes!! The voice!! Some people honestly forget they even have one!!

(O/T comment: See my thread.)

Off topic but you are SOOOO right!

Why don't people SPEAK any more???

We have all these methods of communication and yet we seem more distanced than ever!

Could I just text her "hey, is there a good time to call you so we can figure out exactly what we are doing this weekend?"

Sure

I try to text messages that don't require a response.

Why do you do that?? You send texts that don't require responses and you don't get responses. I personally hate these type of texts and guess what? I don't reply to them.