Don't Message Me with Hey or What's Up Give Me Length!

frozengirl

I've been on dating sites for sometime now, and I've seen a lot of profiles and noticed this in a lot of them;

"Don't message me with by just saying "Hello" or "Whats up?" or "How are you?" adding at the end "I will not respond". Then they say "I want to talk to someone actually have a conversation with".

So I have written these guys with a length message even pointing out the same interests and things in common etc. Even those don't get a response.

Why can't you please people no matter what you do to meet what they say on their profiles? Do they not write back due to your looks? Even IF you do meet all of those same interests etc.

You gotta be clever, grab their interest, think outside the box. People get messaged a lot and you have to stand out from the pack. Be that black sheep, that unique individual...

spanishchick00

Most guys just like to waste a girls time on there. Half of them aren't serious at all. Guys are only on it to look at pictures and see if they can find the hot sexy girl on there. I doubt they even want any intellectual conversations. Take it with a grain of salt.

I doubt they even want any intellectual conversations. Take it with a grain of salt.

Conversations should be light and a date should be arranged pretty quickly. Intellectual conversations via text before even meeting are pointless and a waste of time..and on top of that they'll probably turn the other person off. Most girls message me with something like "hey!" or "hi :)." If she's pretty I really don't care..I'm sure woman are the same way. So while "Hey" or "hi" aren't the best openers they sure will get you farther than some well drawn out paragraph. Anything more than a sentence or two comes across as needy, stalkerish and desperate

Edited by Jame22

I probably wouldn't bother messaging guys who have that in their profile, especially "give me length" hmm. Incompatible methinks.

It just seems arrogant to state that in your profile, i ignore "hi" and "hey" as I get lots of them, but stating in my profile how i expect these prospective dates to approach me and what they should say ie. "say something creative to get my attention or i wont respond" short attention span? Who the heck are they to be giving such orders.

• Like 1
LookAtThisPOst
I've been on dating sites for sometime now, and I've seen a lot of profiles and noticed this in a lot of them;

"Don't message me with by just saying "Hello" or "Whats up?" or "How are you?" adding at the end "I will not respond". Then they say "I want to talk to someone actually have a conversation with".

So I have written these guys with a length message even pointing out the same interests and things in common etc. Even those don't get a response.

Why can't you please people no matter what you do to meet what they say on their profiles? Do they not write back due to your looks? Even IF you do meet all of those same interests etc.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens to. Women attempting to provoke men into the conditions in which they should write them, but they never respond.

They are just wasting their time by even having those conditions/disclaimers in their profile. :laugh: Defeats the purpose.

But...chances are they looked at the pictures and thought "ew" and delete the email. (no offense, just speaking of the reality of the situation...happens to me a LOT!)

LookAtThisPOst

Oh, and don't forget the ones that say, "If I didn't respond, it means I wasn't interested....and don't email me again a week later either."

Lots of women put this in their profile. I always ignore it and still usually get a reply. People only really care about how you look, if they are attracted to you they will reply regardless of what you write.

acrosstheuniverse

I only reply to messages that show they have read my profile. It doesn't have to be a huge paragraph... a couple of sentences is fine as long as it mentions something personal to me and isn't a clear copy and paste message sent to everyone. If it's a copy and paste then I don't reply... I assume he can't be that into the looks of me if he's using a scatter gun approach.

It can literally be 'Hey, it's so good to see someone on here who's passionate about music... I've never heard of *band I'm into* but if you're into rock you should give *album* a try and let me know what you think. Speak soon'

If I take one look at his profile and know I'd never be interested then I don't reply, but given that it only takes a minute or two to send a message like that, I don't feel guilty. I also do similar when I write to guys, and don't feel remotely bothered if they don't reply.

If a guy is getting enough messages to justify saying this in his profile (as opposed to just saying it to look popular), he's probably in the top 1% most messaged guys on the site... in other words, most likely out the league of anyone who isn't both interesting to talk to AND exceptionally hot.

So you're either not up to scratch on looks, age, having kids, hobbies, or whatever else it is he cares about.