Is he not interested?

Blackberries

Hi,

I met a guy on Tinder 2 weeks ago and began messaging him. We got on really well, lots of mutual interests and I mentioned I love Italian and wanted to try a local restaurant I'd heard of, he asked me if I wanted to go for dinner there with him on Saturday night. He then asked me to add him on Whatsapp.

On the day, he was chatting to me that morning but did not mention the date later. That evening, he cancelled at 1.5 hours notice. Said he was sick etc, didnt offer to reschedule or say he'd been looking forward to it. I just figured he'd blown me off and stopped replying. He tried to call me, I didn't answer. Eventually he apologised. I just replied with one line "its fine we can go next week" and left it at that.

The next day he keeps messaging just making small talk, but no mention of a reschedule.

A couple of days later I felt maybe I was too harsh on him so i messaged him and he replied straight away, a couple of minutes later he asked me if I wanted to go out Saturday, I said ok. We chatted the whole evening.

Saturday (yesterday) comes, he messaged in the morning, no mention of the date, as with last time. He then finally messaged again about 4pm asking if I wanted to have "a pint or coffee". I felt the date had been downgraded and asked weren't we meant to go to the Italian for dinner? He said he would book a table but couldnt get through on the phone so would go in person, its 5 mins away by walk. 1 hour later still no word, when i asked if he had booked it he said he had been doing "emergency shopping" for his mother. I said you didnt stop by the place? he said no.

At this point I got fed up and told him to just leave it, that he clearly wasnt interested. He did not deny not being interested and said "look we can go without a booking, i tried calling 15 times and tried booking online but they didnt call me back" i said "you are just playing games". he said "do you really think that, im sorry if you feel like that" i did not reply and he has not been online on Whatsapp since, usually he is on it every couple of hours.

Was I overly harsh or is he not interested?

If it makes a difference, we are both European. Over here we generally text or message rather than call.

Edited by Blackberries
WhatYouWantToHear
Was I overly harsh or is he not interested?

Those aren't mutually exclusive. And to answer them, 1. You weren't harsh enough and 2. Who cares if he's not interested--he still acted the way he acted.

If it will make you feel better, tell him what type of bodily orifice he is and then never message him again. If telling him off won't make you feel better, skip to step 2 and never message him again.