Another does he like me thread

lil_missy

So recently this guy I knew from high school added me on Facebook. Let's call him Mike. We r both now in our late 20s so have not spoken for almost 10yrs. We hung out a few times in the past as I used to date one of his mates, but he left an impression on me I remembered thinking he was very cute.

Anyway we chatted for a while on fb and after a few weeks he finally asks me if I want to catch up. I gladly agree and on the day he brings a friend as well and asks me if its ok. I told him sure no prob ( as it wasn't a date or anything). Anyway he was super nice to me during our catch up we got along so well, he also insisted on paying for my drink. His friend lets call him Andrew, was also very nice. But when I had to leave Andrew asked for my number and said he'll invite me out sometime. I thought that was abit weird but gave him my number as I didn't want to be rude.

The next day mike msgs me and says hope to see me again soon, I reciprocate the sentiment. But I never hear from him again :(

Then 2 weeks later his mate Andrew calls me up and invites me to hang out with him and mike. So I go along and again the 3 of us get along like a house on fire. We talk about many things we can do together in the future like going to music festivals etc. during this meeting, I tried to pay for my own food but again mike insists to pay for me, I reach out to pay and he grabbed my hand and pushed it away saying no let me get it. Then he kept holding my hand for a while after that.

Then after he finally let go of my hand, we were standing side by side and he slipped his hand around the back of my waist, but removed it after only a few seconds. I was so excited coz I thought he was finally making a move on me. But that was all he did. No more touching for rest of the night.

Later while the 3 of us were eating his friend Andrew asked me if I wanted to have lunch tmr as we both work in the city but mike doesn't. I told him I was busy becasue I didn't want mike to feel left out. Besides I'd rather have lunch with him than Andrew.

In the end we talked about the 3 of us getting together next week to look at Xmas lights. I don't know if it will happen or not.

My question is does it sound like mike is interested in me? He has been passive n not asked me out but at the same time he insisted to pay for my meals and the flirtatious touching. Or does it sound like he only likes me as a friend ?

Thanks!

• Author

Yeh does seem Andrew could be interested in me. But I'm interested in Mike...

Anyway haven't heard from either of them and it's been 3 days.

Any other ideas? Should I send Mike a msg?