She really affected me in a deep way now I feel lost

SmartDude

So I met this young woman. Not going to go into a long story but we became sexual. It was what you could call a "hook up", for lack of a better term. A relationship is pretty much imposible because of the age gap. I am 41 and she is 20.

The thing that struck me is that this was the woman that would have been perfect for me, when I was her age. This is rather dificult to face because I was quite the lonley guy in my early 20's. Literally she would have been perfect for me....20 years ago(and with the help of a time machine).

I know she felt something as well because her eyes got a bit twinkly as we were talking...Yet she chose caution in that moment, as did I. But none of that matters much anyways, it was just a beautifull moment.

I feel like she was an angelic presence in my life or something. Showing me that yes there are cool women out there who are compatible with a guy like me(they are probably just a bit older though):o

Im thinking of ending my "fun" period and really being open to someone for a serious relationship again. The girl made me think ya know. *sigh*

I am a bit melancholy and not sure what to make of all of this.

I think you have to appreciate it for what it was. Cherish the memory but maintain your realism. Just keep the memory and let it be a bright spot when you need it the most.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think you have to appreciate it for what it was. Cherish the memory but maintain your realism. Just keep the memory and let it be a bright spot when you need it the most.

Ya, I had a moment there were I thought perhaps I could contact her again and see were things go. But that just seems crazy, and unrealistic.

I don't see how I could possibly exciting enough for a woman 20 years+ younger than me. 10 years younger, no problem:cool:

genuinelyloverly7

There are some of us who really do get better with age. From cool to awesome.

Enjoy the feeling you get from this girl; she WAS an angelic presence- a sign of what is to come, and how to prepare for it. Use your newfound confidence/self-awareness to look for the one who is your cool but more age compatible (in your terms) girl. When I get these could-be moments, I look at them as reminders of what I want and with who I am really going to get it. And what I have to do to achieve it. It gets me all fired up again (admittedly, it is sometimes after an hour or so of deep melancholy as well- we are human!) to go out and be my best self.

• Like 1
Ya, I had a moment there were I thought perhaps I could contact her again and see were things go. But that just seems crazy, and unrealistic.

I don't see how I could possibly exciting enough for a woman 20 years+ younger than me. 10 years younger, no problem:cool:

I am glad you came to your senses. I am 41 too and, personally, I am very fund of the late 30s and 40s crowd.

• Author

It makes me wonder what she felt after she left my place, the next day etc..

I wonder if she felt something similar. Like..."this guy is the type of guy I want when I settle down and get married, when im his age" (lol).

Ahh well her sweet memory lingers into this morning still. Mhmm just enjoying my limerence and sipping morning coffee:bunny:

It makes me wonder what she felt after she left my place, the next day etc..

I wonder if she felt something similar. Like..."this guy is the type of guy I want when I settle down and get married, when im his age" (lol).

Ahh well her sweet memory lingers into this morning still. Mhmm just enjoying my limerence and sipping morning coffee:bunny:

It is very tempting to project your experience onto her but this is where it can get messy. All that matters now is thst you had a nice experience and a nice memory.

So I met this young woman. Not going to go into a long story but we became sexual. It was what you could call a "hook up", for lack of a better term. A relationship is pretty much imposible because of the age gap. I am 41 and she is 20.

The thing that struck me is that this was the woman that would have been perfect for me, when I was her age. This is rather dificult to face because I was quite the lonley guy in my early 20's. Literally she would have been perfect for me....20 years ago(and with the help of a time machine).

I know she felt something as well because her eyes got a bit twinkly as we were talking...Yet she chose caution in that moment, as did I. But none of that matters much anyways, it was just a beautifull moment.

I feel like she was an angelic presence in my life or something. Showing me that yes there are cool women out there who are compatible with a guy like me(they are probably just a bit older though):o

Im thinking of ending my "fun" period and really being open to someone for a serious relationship again. The girl made me think ya know. *sigh*

I am a bit melancholy and not sure what to make of all of this.

Your hormones have a hold on you. She made you feel younger and that feels good too. But in the end, you two would not likely have clicked for very long.