Obsessed with a girl BUT in a 4 year relationship.. 21 now

Erix

This girl went to my high schools but we didn't talk much. After we both graduated she looked very different and had a very chill personality. Smoke green, chill whenever, laid back person. I've had a girlfriend for 4 years now we never get into big fights but these last two weeks I can only think of this other girl. The other night the girl came over for the first time and we hung out until 6 am and she fell asleep in my bed with me. (We didn't do anything) I can't get her off my mind, she has such an awesome personality and super chill. Help!

acrosstheuniverse

What do you want?

By letting your crush sleep in your bed, you've already crossed the line and cheated on your girlfriend. Unless she was fully aware of it, and consented to it. Which I somehow doubt.

Do you want to end things with your girlfriend and pursue a relationship with your crush? If so, do it sooner rather than later. She deserves better, whoever she is.

Do you want to work on your relationship? Then resolve stay away from your crush for good. No texting, calling, meeting, nothing. And put some effort into spending time with your girlfriend. You may also want to consider letting her know what happened with this other girl, but it's your call. Personally I'd want to know if my partner did that, but others might say if you didn't actually kiss or have sex then you should call it a lucky escape and work on being the best possible boyfriend to your girlfriend you can be. If you tell her there will probably be serious repercussions up to and including her leaving you.

So, what do you actually want?

• Like 1
  • Author

Well I can see myself in the future with my current girlfriend more than this other girl. My thing is that I am obsessed with this person for some reason even without the idea of dating her yet. It's like a I want to spend my time with her over my current girlfriend; however, my current girlfriend isn't always on the same level with me on things and is starting to be super lazy and never dresses up or anything to keep it going. The other girl that slept in my bed was just as a friend not even as a crush yet because I don't look at her like I want to have sex or anything I just want to see her face everyday. Her looks and personality is what I'm obsessed with because we are on such a same page.