Where to Meet?

When it came to dating for you guys and girls, how did you meet, like did you have the person meet you in your area or you went to them to their area or you met in the middle?

MercuryMorrison1

Well, usually for a first date I'll just suggest something simple like Coffee or whatever, and then just make plans to meet at the coffee shop or wherever was pre-planned.

I have been on first dates in the past where they needed a ride, to which I have no problem obliging so long as they are comfortable with it.

I never had any problems suggesting halfway in between.

If they genuinely want to meet you, they'll put in the effort.

For the few dates I had as an adult, I met the person somewhere neutral, usually where we were going on the date.

After a while, I'd let the guy pick me up at work but it took a while for me to let him know where I lived.

Once after I parted from one guy at the restaurant in a snow storm, he took the initiative to track down my home phone # & call me to make sure I got home OK. He only had my office #. While it was sweet & caring, it freaked me out that I was so easy to find & if he was dangerous I could be in trouble. I changed my listing after that & now the # is listed in my husband's name.