Not sure if relationship is working out

danny12

I'm not sure if my relationship is working out, or if it's in a small rut or a rough patch. But there has just been a lot of arguments for awhile. It is long distance. And it's kind of frustrating. As for me, I wanna stay with her, but I also look at all these other girls and I want them and want to be single. There is just a lot of arguments going on recently. I'm not sure what to do. If we should break up or stay together and work through it ad it may be better and stronger after we get out of this.

MercuryMorrison1

It's long distance you say?

As in...One of you is working I.E (Military) or whatever, and is just away for awhile?

Or as in you met online and live to far away from each other to see one another regularly?

If it's the latter, then I'll be completely honest with you and say that there is a 99.9% chance the relationship's doomed to fail anyway, I'm speaking from personal experience and also having known several people who attempted this kind of thing.

I will tell you if you should or shouldn't break up, it's not my decision, however I'll say that under those circumstance's it's very unlikely to work. If it's a work related separation or whatever, It should be easier to work things out in the long run, depending on the issues themselves.

If you are already eyeballing other girls, than it's probably time to start thinking about calling it quits anyway, before something stupid happens like one or both of you wind up cheating on one another.

Is there any meaningful chance of closing the distance in the foreseeable future? If not, you might as well end it & date closer to home.

• Author
Why would it be a good thing? Why don't you want to?

Well it would be a good thing because I would be free in a sense. But I don't want to because I will regret it. And I don't think its a smart move. We have been in some arguments this week a lot and it's draining. But I guess it's normal part, good times and bad times.

Well it would be a good thing because I would be free in a sense. But I don't want to because I will regret it. And I don't think its a smart move. We have been in some arguments this week a lot and it's draining. But I guess it's normal part, good times and bad times.

If the fights are really over stupid things, you have to step back and analyze what is really happening. You have two paths here:

-If the arguments are over stupid stuff and that's it, you both should speak about how the small arguments are damaging something that is precious to you both: your relationship. Sometimes, it works, and you start accepting the little things that bother you because you truly care.

-If the arguments don't seem to be stopping anytime soon, maybe there's a bigger issue underneath (feelings faded, for example), you should find out what it really is and act upon it. In case it's something you can't solve or it doesn't depend on you, you could consider breaking up, since there's nothing to regret about leaving behind a relationship full of arguments and anger, be it long distance or not.