The girl I was dating doesn't want to see me anymore, but I can't let go of her

Mikey25

Ok I'm 19 years old and I have been seeing this girl same age, for the past couple of months, we met online and we talked for a bit before we started dating, she seemed really sweet so I asked her out on a date.

We eventually started seeing each other and it was great, we liked each other and I was really happy. However, we had a crisis about a month in, she fell pregnant with my child. She told me and I rushed to go see her, I said that I would stay if she decided to keep it, but she kept saying that she didn't want to ruin my life, I started crying and I confessed to her that I had been struggling with depression for some time so I didn't feel like I was in the right mental state to bring up a child and then she confessed to me that she's bipolar and has depression. She also said that she didn't think we should see each other anymore and that I needed to forget about her.

She decided to get rid of the baby as we both thought it was the right decision as neither of us are financial or mentally ready for a child, however she got to the doctors and they did some tests and we found out that she wasn't pregnant after all.

So I spoke to her for a while after and she still said that we needed to move on, I told her that I still wanted to see her because I was starting to really like her, but she told me that she didn't want to see anyone at the moment.

So a month has passed since then and I still try to keep in contact with her, sometimes she replies to my text messages, other times she doesn't. However last weekend we were talking all Saturday night through text, it was like the way it was before, I asked her if she wanted to meet up for a drink and she said, she might have other plans, I didn't want to push her so I left her for the rest of the evening.

So I spoke to her briefly on Sunday morning, she responded a couple of times and then she stopped, then I realised she deleted me on Facebook and I haven't spoken to her since, it's tearing me apart because I have these feelings for her and it's like one minute I'm talking to a sweet, lovely girl and then next, she is a completely different person.

What do I do? It's so hard to let go of her because I really like her and I think we could have had something special, should I stop talking to her and move on? Or should I try and win her back?

You remind her of a tragic thing that she had to deal with....anyone that suffers from depression, specially women with bi-polar, and the loss of a child or the thought of losing one is devistating. She wants to remove herself from that memory and move on. So sorry but there is no recovery from something like this. I can see if you have been together for years but it's only two months, hardly anything invested. You need to let go, you can't force her to desire you.....it's over.

it's like one minute I'm talking to a sweet, lovely girl and then next, she is a completely different person.

This is what it's like to be with a person that suffers from bi-polar/manic depression. You walk on eggshells almost everyday, you never know what they are going to be like. Staying together, you would be torn apart continually, at least now you are out of it, it would only destroy you emotionally anyways.

YOU MUST and YOU SHOULD, if and only if you would like to take her seriouly.

Take time to ponder this statement from DailyDater

Anytime you've got a real, live woman in front of you, who does indeed appear to have your criteria, oh my goodness--please open that door and pursue possibilities with this very real person.

This is what it's like to be with a person that suffers from bi-polar/manic depression. You walk on eggshells almost everyday, you never know what they are going to be like. Staying together, you would be torn apart continually, at least now you are out of it, it would only destroy you emotionally anyways.

You don't know as much about bipolar as you think you do.