Ice Skating Date

frozengirl

Who here has gone on an ice skating date? I MIGHT go on one this weekend but I have never ice skated ever, I believe I roller bladed or skated years ago but not sure.

I don't want to go and I embarrass myself by falling all over the place. What would you do?

todreaminblue
Who here has gone on an ice skating date? I MIGHT go on one this weekend but I have never ice skated ever, I believe I roller bladed or skated years ago but not sure.

I don't want to go and I embarrass myself by falling all over the place. What would you do?

i would rather eat slugs.......i tried rollerskating as a teen.......thats it.......the rest is trauma.....shuddering.....me and wheels or things other than boots on my feet dont mix..definitely not sliding around on ice on razor blades attached to boots.....i would skate on my bum across the ice the majority of the time......when i went roller skating i ended up out the ventilation door ....ten foot drop...face plant.....ill pray for you.....deb

I recently went on a second date with a girl and we went ice skating. It went really well! We both had not ice skated in a very very long time so we had a lot of fun helping each other to not fall all the time! We were holding hands a lot and she was constantly holding on to my arm as well in order to not fall.

I'd say go for it!

I think it sounds fun. I suck at roller blading, therefore ice skating....but I also don't care about making a fool of myself so I'd be all for it.

Matter of fact, been meaning to go on a roller skating date!

Ice skating dates are quite popular amongst the younger folks, especially as they provide a convenient excuse to cling on to each others' hands for dear life. :laugh:

My guy and I have gone together, neither having skated much before, and it was great. But if this is a new guy whom you're not very comfortable with and you don't like the idea of falling, I think you should suggest an activity that you're more confident in first.

todreaminblue
I think it sounds fun. I suck at roller blading, therefore ice skating....but I also don't care about making a fool of myself so I'd be all for it.

Matter of fact, been meaning to go on a roller skating date!

lol "shuddering"

I went on one once in college & learned a very valuable lesson: Never go ice skating with a Division I hockey player. lol This guy was so good he went on to play in the NHL OMG! he whipped me around that ice at ridiculous speeds! I was thrilled I stayed upright & it was kind of fun to go that fast but wow all I did was hang on for dear life!

If you have never skated, make sure you tell him that. A good guy will hold you up & take care of you -- always a plus on a date.

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint

I would go so I can fall and look like a fool doing it. If my date wouldn't laugh with me, then she has no sense of humor, and she's not right for me. But this is what I would do. If you are uncomfortable with showing your silly side to someone you are interested in, then maybe you aren't interested in the person at all.

• Like 1

It wasn't a date but I went ice skating recently...

A 5 year old offered me her penguin (thing for children to help them balance) as she thought I needed it more than her...

Go have fun and to heck with it. If you fall you fall!

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

I grew up playing hockey but it's been quite a few years since I've worn figure skates never mind skated in them :/

Last winter, my man and I went skating outdoors. It was BEAUTIFUL, like something out of one of those Christmas movies. I had warned him it had been a very long time since I skated but we went with a great attitude. After a few slips and falls, I got the hang of it and we ended up having a wonderful time making some great memories.

Very romantic if you go with the right attitude :)

we went about 6 months ago. i am upper 30s and he was 45. it was his first time and i know how to skate well. it was like $11 per person to go around in circles until we got tired (about 1 hour). i spent a lot of time laughing at him because (although he didn't fall) he had no coordination at all. i found it boring. you can't really talk unless you skate side-by-side, and unless you know 100% that the guy/girl is willing to make a fool of themselves. it can be very embarrassing for the person who can't skate and you just end up making them feel foolish. the guy i went with was a great sport about it and was able to laugh at himself, but i wouldn't go again with someone.

I wouldn't recommend it if you were the guy and didn't know how but you're the girl so if you fall on your butt it will probably come off more cute than anything else. Then he'll have to come over and help you, it's perfect.

• Like 1
DrReplyInRhymes

Ice skating is a classic date to take,

Even if it's cliche, it's fun as hell to skate.

And gauis is right, if you find yourself falling a lot,

The guy helping her is classic bonding and whatnot!

Anyone else see the irony in that Frozengirl can't skate?!? :laugh: (not laughing at you, I can't skate either)

Go skating, don't be afraid to fall and make a fool of yourself, I certainly wouldn't! I think that's an endearing quality!

I went a few weeks ago with someone I am dating. It was fun, I already knew I could at least stand and move around and he could also. We were only there for about ~30 minutes. I had fun and he keeps mentioning he wants to go again lol

I offer ice skating to any girl I go on a first date with (never been on a date though, been more of a casual guy,) I've not been for 10+ years but it sounds pretty fun :p