Potentially stupid question for the ladies.

HazyCosmicJive

HazyCosmicJive

If a guy is friendly with the girlfriend of a woman he's interested in, how much of an influence would that have on her being interested in him? Would she be more likely to give him a chance?

If a guy is friendly with the girlfriend of a woman he's interested in, how much of an influence would that have on her being interested in him? Would she be more likely to give him a chance?

I think i wouldn't. I will feel that im not "special" and just "one of the girls" that you have. I personally wouldn't like it if the guy i'm gonna date is friendly with my girlfriend. I prefer him to focus on me. Maybe it would work if her girlfriend knows that you like her friend and try to push you both together. But don't be overly-friendly as it kinda turns all good girls away.

todreaminblue

a bit tricky to navigate.......if there were feelings on the other girlfriends side i would know it ....and step back...i dont like competition especially if i care about the competition..and if i care about the guy its a conflict of interest i dont need........i wouldnt want to come between a friendship that could develop into more on their side or influence the friendship i had with the girl into becoming less........if a woman talks about a guy a lot...she likes him more than she says.....and i would step back....as is said i would know.............deb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
HazyCosmicJive

Her friend is married and doesn't have the slightest interest in me. We're just friendly at work.

Sorry for the late reply, they moved my post from another forum and I thought it had been deleted.:)

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
I think i wouldn't. I will feel that im not "special" and just "one of the girls" that you have. I personally wouldn't like it if the guy i'm gonna date is friendly with my girlfriend. I prefer him to focus on me. Maybe it would work if her girlfriend knows that you like her friend and try to push you both together. But don't be overly-friendly as it kinda turns all good girls away.

The friend is married and I don't come across like I'm hitting on her or anything (we all work at the same place).

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
a bit tricky to navigate.......if there were feelings on the other girlfriends side i would know it ....and step back...i dont like competition especially if i care about the competition..and if i care about the guy its a conflict of interest i dont need........i wouldnt want to come between a friendship that could develop into more on their side or influence the friendship i had with the girl into becoming less........if a woman talks about a guy a lot...she likes him more than she says.....and i would step back....as is said i would know.............deb

but I don't think this is a problem, since the other woman is married and I wouldn't even try to "hit" on her. We all work in the same place so it's just a matter of friendliness.

Haven't you posted this before? Someone has because I remember...

No. Girls don't like that. That is a terrible strategy.

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
Maybe because her friend can provide a sort of reference that he's a good guy.

I figured it might be like a "female stamp of approval" :)

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
Haven't you posted this before? Someone has because I remember...

No. Girls don't like that. That is a terrible strategy.

It's not really a strategy. I'm not trying to make her jealous - I don't play games like that and the other woman is married anyway.

I think I might be pissing her off though, since I'm pretty friendly with a few of the women in the office. I'm starting to think she may believe I just like to flirt. Sometimes I get the feeling that she wants me to pay more attention to her. She's very passive, yet she's been give me pretty clear signals that she's interested.

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
Depends. Is the mutual friend single?

No, she's married. I don't flirt with her, we just have friendly chats every now and then.

If she's interested in you, attracted to you, then having her friend in the mix will definitely help you. Works to both of yalls advantage

she just has to be crushing on you already, just because you're friends with her friend isn't going to make her like you if she wasn't feeling you to begin with.

• Like 1
Maybe because her friend can provide a sort of reference that he's a good guy.

Yeah, with all the drama with OLD flakes and fakes, I'm all for getting a "reference" on a potential guy.

The only thing that might worry me is boundaries. I mean, I'd wonder if he'd go back to my gf to talk about us and/or if my gf would want me to spill the beans on how things go with him.

On my "premium channel" free weekend, I was watching this movie where the chicks were going into details about the sex and I've never done that with gfs. I don't give intimate details to gfs about guys I'm seeing. Sometimes I don't even let them know if I'm seeing someone or not. I just don't see myself describing penis size and/or performance in bed.

Oh gosh, reminds me of one of my sisters asking me if my 6 year's guy penis was a certain length/girth? I was sooo embarrassed and all I did was "smile" and she was like "oh, I know just from looking at him". Cuz, no matter how happy I was with his penis and would love to shout it from the rooftops, I'm not gonna just talk about that with people.

Edited by Gloria25
  • Author
HazyCosmicJive
If she's interested in you, attracted to you, then having her friend in the mix will definitely help you. Works to both of yalls advantage

she just has to be crushing on you already, just because you're friends with her friend isn't going to make her like you if she wasn't feeling you to begin with.

Thanks for the reply.

She's fairly new to the company and, although I've always thought she was attractive, I initially believed she was much younger so I didn't make any efforts to determine interest. More recently she's given me that googly-eyed look like this --> :love: on a few occasions. LOL. That leads me to believe she's interested.

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
Yeah, with all the drama with OLD flakes and fakes, I'm all for getting a "reference" on a potential guy.

The only thing that might worry me is boundaries. I mean, I'd wonder if he'd go back to my gf to talk about us and/or if my gf would want me to spill the beans on how things go with him.

On my "premium channel" free weekend, I was watching this movie where the chicks were going into details about the sex and I've never done that with gfs. I don't give intimate details to gfs about guys I'm seeing. Sometimes I don't even let them know if I'm seeing someone or not. I just don't see myself describing penis size and/or performance in bed.

Oh gosh, reminds me of one of my sisters asking me if my 6 year's guy penis was a certain length/girth? I was sooo embarrassed and all I did was "smile" and she was like "oh, I know just from looking at him". Cuz, no matter how happy I was with his penis and would love to shout it from the rooftops, I'm not gonna just talk about that with people.

I can be very poker-faced, so that wouldn't be a problem. I'm naturally reserved. One time I started dating a girl at work and my friend and co-worker tried to get it out of me if I was sleeping with her. He figured I was, but I wouldn't admit it until the girl and I both left the company and it was obvious we were a couple.

Depends on how much your friend's gf trusts her judgement in men :)

If my best friend told me she knew a great guy for me, I would be a little less than enthused based on her track record. lol

• Author
HazyCosmicJive
Depends on how much your friend's gf trusts her judgement in men :)

If my best friend told me she knew a great guy for me, I would be a little less than enthused based on her track record. lol

Well, her friend is a newlywed who seems very happy. Her husband's a good-looking guy who owns his own business, so I think her judgment's probably trustworthy. :)