I am not interested in this girl.

GTR King

I really don't know what to do.

Ok so here is the story. Back in August this year I went to my friends birthday party one sat with a friend (before a football match) at his g.fs house there was quite a few people there etc. It was just food and drink. At the party my friend/his g.f was trying to set my mate up with her sister and telling him to talk to her etc but he wasn't interested at all and was having non of it.

So a few days after the party she added my mate on Facebook and he accepted her. She started talking to him and he was replying as friends after awhile she kept messaging him every day and telling him that she fancied him and wanted to go out with him and meet up.

But my mate kept telling her she is not interested and this went on for about a month a half (Until about late September) but he got so fed up with her messaging him all the time he blocked her on Facebook etc. After that my friend/his girlfriend was asking why he blocked her and wanting him to unblock her and go out with her. He kept telling them the reasons why and a few weeks later they stop (About beginning of October). Ok so my friend has been on about 7 dates with a girl and she asked him out on Friday and said yes.

The thing is on sat morning my friend text me and said he had a nice girl for me to meet up with and go on a few dates. I was getting excited but when he told me it was his girlfriends sister and saying she always fancied me (Don't think that was true) Since then he has been bugging me to go on a date with her etc and say we have a few things in common.... She has added me on Facebook ages ago but then re added me today but didn't accept.

The thing is my mates girlfriend is not happy that my mate has a got a new girlfriend as his sister can't go out with him at all and now they want me to go out with her and all they want is her to have a boyfriend and keep telling her I am interested.

I don't fancy her and not interested at all and feel it won't work. How can I get my mate and his girlfriend to understand I am interested. They are gonna keep pestering me till I cave in and date her. What should I Do??

Sorry for long post

Edited by GTR King

Tell him you'll switch side and support Norwich City if it doesn't stop, of course this becomes invalid if you are not a Blues fan and he doesn't care about footy.

Seriously though, the kindest way to put it without offending anyone is by letting them know, you are not interested and you very much can make your own decisions when it comes to dating, etc. It's sheer immaturity and lack of respect to push anything on anyone, period.

It would seem ill-advised to tell you to stop hanging around such people, as I'm sure you value his/their friendship outside of this problematic situation. Even so, you should be able to say what you feel and think, and it shouldn't be an issue at all. Hopefully you can think of a clever way to put this to an end, worst case you may just be able to weather the storm by waiting it out, regardless of how annoying their pestering is.

• Author

I don't think I will ever do that I hate Norwich city. But I am gonna keep telling him I am not interested and will have to wade it out. But how can someone fancy me as soon as my mate got a girlfriend and can't have them anymore?? It feels like they just want her to have a boyfriend and chose me as she can't have my mate. i am not being forced to date someone and be unhappy... it's odd that he said she has always fancied me.

Edited by GTR King

You keep telling them "no" (and nothing more - you already said you weren't interested, nothing more needs to be said) and they'll eventually get bored of asking. You absolutely do not need to let them manipulate you into going on a date with her. It's not your problem and they're not very good friends if they don't respect your first answer enough to back off.

• Author

Yh well I have known my mate for years and he won't pester me loads as he has stopped and gonna keep saying no and he will understand. It's his girlfriend that wants her sister to date me. It's there problem if she don't have a boyfriend. Thanks for your help.

Edited by GTR King

This girl sounds desperate.

Be straightforward, its the only way she will understand. Stop communicating through your buddy and his girlfriend - accept her friend request and tell her yourself that you're not interested.

• Author

Ok thanks mate. I will still talk to my mate about other stuff but as soon as the convo goes to his girlfriends sister then I will stop