Squish vs Crush?

SchadeHarris

Do you think a girl would lie about the way she views me as a man?

There is girl that I work with who has been quite friendly with me. She has sat down beside me, for no particular reason, and laid her head on my shoulder. She also has walked up to me and hugged me a couple of times (Because, in her words, she just needed a hug), chased me down a hall and tried to tickle me and has told me that I'm her favorite person at work. Oh, and just yesterday I was at a house party for all of our department when she walked up to me and said "If I talk to you a lot tonight, it's because I don't really care for all of the people here" ,as if she needed an excuse.

To me it seems that she's being more physical than anyone would be towards a platonic friend. She is also much older than me.

To be clear, she doesn't doesn't do any of these things in a "I'm crazy!!!!" kind of way. In fact, she's got a great personality, she's very attractive and everything she does is very playful.

Now, the strange part:

She told me that I'm her "Squish" (platonic crush)

Meanwhile, a couple of people (Guys and Girls) have told me that they think she's into me. I know that she's not A-sexual (she has mentioned in conversation that she has somebody she's "talking to"), so what's the deal? Is she lying about her "liking" of me being strictly platonic, or is she just very friendly? Is she trying to promote jealousy by saying she has someone she's "talking to"?

Has anybody else been in a situation similar to mine?

I'm very confused

Do you think a girl would lie about the way she views me as a man?

Sure, anything is possible but that does not mean that's the case here.

She seems flirty/playful/friendly. Now I'll give you a possibly boring answer, if you want to know what's going on then ask her and spend time with her, or you can keep letting this woman be a mystery to you and let it play out as it will. Naturally this will probably keep you confused, so it's up to you, it really depends what you want from all of this.

To some this may be her sending you clear signals that she's into you, like you've been told. People can be doing things for a billion reasons and there's many ways you can approach this, it once again is up to you and what you hope to gain from this.