Should I go out with him?

hunter11

About a year and a half ago I met a guy online...we talked alot on the... phone and then he tells me that he will probably regret it but he was going to try to get back with his ex-girlfriend to see if it is really over...so...I guess about 6 mos. later he called and wanted to go out...I guess it was over with the ex..I did go out with him (my girlfriend told me that she would not have because it was if I was second best)...we went out to dinner and talked at my house...he is very sweet and is a nice man...well he disappeared again right after our date..I saw on Facebook where he had gotten back with the same girl again...that lasted for about 6 mos. and I see where she is engaged to another man...so he called me last week and asked if we could go out to dinner or have a drink? I told him I was busy this week and could possibly go next week, which is the truth...he texts me all the time and says that he just wants to be my friend and needs someone to talk to etc...he has always told me how beautiful I am and that he would love to take me out...well..today I told him that I didn't think it was the right time for me to go out..he knows that I just got out of a relationship...anyway..should I give him a chance?

Hold on, you were in a relationship?

That kinda through me for a loop.

I think you can go out with him if you want. But it all seems so shallow.

Get to know a little bit about someone before you fall in love with them

• Author

Not sure what you mean but I was in a relationship for 6 mos. and not anymore...it wasn't with this guy that I am talking about...Just wasn't sure if I should go out with someone who keeps going back and forth and can't make decisions about his past relationships...

• Author

I wasn't in love with anyone..this probably doesn't make sense...I was in a relationship with J...the guy that came back from the past who kept going back with the ex is D...so D is the guy that I am talking about...

If you think you're confused now about D, without being in a relationship with him, how do you think you'll feel when (and if) you are, and he keeps changing his mind?

Sounds to me like he can't make up his mind.

Decide what YOU want, then go from there.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think that is a great way to look at it and I have been feeling this way all along...just needed some opinions..I'm not the best on dating...

• Like 1
I think that is a great way to look at it and I have been feeling this way all along...just needed some opinions..I'm not the best on dating...

Join the club sister!! :p

If we were good at it, this site would go broke overnight!

• Like 1

So the guy is in a relationship with someone while engaged to someone else, and you want to be involved with him? Is that right?

I'll be blunt, this sounds like the makings of a fun tryst, but if you get attached to him, doesn't look like you're going to get anything serious of this guy.

• Author

No he wasn't engaged. The girl that he kept going back to became engaged to another guy so I guess he finally gave up and then started back asking me out...he told me he was sorry about the past but that he wasn't over her...blah, blah...I am so glad that I got ya'll opinion...I felt this way but needed some reassurance...

You already gave him a 2nd chance. What's the point of a 3rd try? At this point it really does seem to me like he's after you because you seem easy / eager / willing / vulnerable / too kind for your own good.

I don't mean "easy" in a slutty, sexual way . . . just that you aren't making him work to get a date with you & he doesn't truly value you.

• Like 2