Ended fwb

enchanted771

I don't know why I keep agreeing to these type relationships when I know I can't handle it. Ugh. Last one lasted 6 months. I was seeing another one for 2 months.

Cancelled last week an hour after he confirmed with a bogus work excuse. We rescheduled to Sunday but he didn't seem that into it, but we hung out anyways.

We were supposed to see each other today and he texts me with this excuse that he's sick. He is well enough to watch his daughter so he could have kept plans with me. He has no respect for me or my time.

So I text him and told him that due to the fact that he cancels consistently, I don't think that fwb is going to work out.

He didn't even see the part where I put it's not going to work out. He obviously thinks I'll change my mind. All he said was " I don't want to get you sick" he had a cold last week and now he's coughing all night all of a sudden.

I can give him the benefit of the doubt, if he had

Rescheduled and if he wasn't watching his 3 year old daughter.

I have this bad habit of giving men too many chances, and then they don't respect me and start mistreating me because obviously if I give that many chances they think their behavior is ok.

I'm not that strong and I don't want to make the mistake of contacting

Me after he obviously has no respect for me or my time.

I don't know why I keep agreeing to these type relationships when I know I can't handle it. Ugh. Last one lasted 6 months. I was seeing another one for 2 months.

Cancelled last week an hour after he confirmed with a bogus work excuse. We rescheduled to Sunday but he didn't seem that into it, but we hung out anyways.

We were supposed to see each other today and he texts me with this excuse that he's sick. He is well enough to watch his daughter so he could have kept plans with me. He has no respect for me or my time.

So I text him and told him that due to the fact that he cancels consistently, I don't think that fwb is going to work out.

He didn't even see the part where I put it's not going to work out. He obviously thinks I'll change my mind. All he said was " I don't want to get you sick" he had a cold last week and now he's coughing all night all of a sudden.

I have this bad habit of giving men too many chances, and then they don't respect me and start mistreating me because obviously if I give that many chances they think their behavior is ok.

Delete and block his number. NO CONTACT. You keep giving them chances because you are allowing emotions to come into it. You need a very thick skin to go into an FWB arrangement. Even though the moniker includes the word "Friends", you are not friends. FWB is not a respectable arrangement anyway, why would you expect respect. I don't mean to demean you, it's just the nature of the beast and I don't mean my nature, it's the nature of FWB/FB.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Author
Delete and block his number. NO CONTACT. You keep giving them chances because you are allowing emotions to come into it. You need a very thick skin to go into an FWB arrangement. Even though the moniker includes the word "Friends", you are not friends. FWB is not a respectable arrangement anyway, why would you expect respect. I don't mean to demean you, it's just the nature of the beast and I don't mean my nature, it's the nature of FWB/FB.
none taken. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not over reacting. Because I'm sure at some point when he's bored he will contact me and want to hang out. Hence, why I'm blocking him.
  • Like 2
none taken. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and not over reacting. Because I'm sure at some point when he's bored he will contact me and want to hang out. Hence, why I'm blocking him.

You are not overreacting. At the very minute the arrangement stops working for you. Drop it. You owe each other nothing.

• Author
You are not overreacting. At the very minute the arrangement stops working for you. Drop it. You owe each other nothing.

True. When it stops being fun it's over. I am more

Focused on dating and finding a LTR. I won't tolerate someone who isn't reliable

You definitely don't know how to handle it and should not touch these types of arrangements.

I had a couple of FWB and I didn't care if they canceled. If I see them I see them, if I don't then I don't. I didn't make special time for them, I didn't rearrange my schedule for them, if they canceled I got busy doing something else. Sometimes I saw them on weekly basis, sometimes I spent a whole month not seeing them, and it made NO difference in my life.

You cannot have expectation what so ever toward a FWB. If you cannot handle it that way then stop giving it a try.

. Because I'm sure at some point when he's bored he will contact me and want to hang out. Hence, why I'm blocking him.

Yes and that is what FWB are about. You're free, you call them up, wanna get together? you get a yes or a no.

If you expect your FWB to make plans ahead of time, to schedule time for you, to get out of his way to see you, then you are expecting a relationship, not a FWB.

• Author
Yes and that is what FWB are about. You're free, you call them up, wanna get together? you get a yes or a no.

If you expect your FWB to make plans ahead of time, to schedule time for you, to get out of his way to see you, then you are expecting a relationship, not a FWB.

exactly and it's exactly why I ended it with him. I did not want to even start it because I tried it and I just get too attached. I can't not care about someone I have sex with. Just how I'm wired. Now, I'm starting to like him so it's a deal breaker. He convinced me it would be " fun" and " almost like a boyfriend" not for me.

Let me get this straight....you expect him to put you the "fwb" before his child?