How long does it take? I'm lost and need before any damage occurs

Markov23

I know this is a general question with no straight answer I was wondering how long does it take for a woman to fall in love with a man?

I was asking this because I've been seeing a woman for the past 2 months almost 3, and we've had sex a couple of times before that I felt emotionally attached to her because we connected so well.

Shes what I consider perfect I my heart.

She loves my personality.

Now I know I'm in love with her and I did tell her I loved her. She said she loves me but she's not in love with me. Is it gonna take time for her to fall in love with me?

I'm lost and a bit hurt she's not on my level.

But I know it's been almost 3 months. Any advice folks?

Sounds like you might be trying to rush her. Let her be. She will reciprocate the "L" word when she is ready. If she doesn't reciprocate after another month or so, I'd re-evaluate my feelings for her.

The "L" word can scare people off....be aware of that as well.

• Author
Sounds like you might be trying to rush her. Let her be. She will reciprocate the "L" word when she is ready. If she doesn't reciprocate after another month or so, I'd re-evaluate my feelings for her.

The "L" word can scare people off....be aware of that as well.

You are very much right indeed sir! Ya I gotta give her more time. She's not my girlfriend rather someone I'm dating. By the way I'm a noob to dating. Only 20 years old, she's 32. She even said she will say it when she means its but my immaturity and impatients takes over sometimes.

• Author
Love at first sight or way longer than that. Either way it'll happen naturally. Don't rush things.

It's definitely gonna take a long time!

You are very much right indeed sir! Ya I gotta give her more time. She's not my girlfriend rather someone I'm dating. By the way I'm a noob to dating. Only 20 years old, she's 32. She even said she will say it when she means its but my immaturity and impatients takes over sometimes.

"She's not my girlfriend". Perhaps she is waiting for you to ask her to be your girlfriend/exclusive. I sure wouldn't express my feelings of love for man, if I had them, before I was asked this.

• Like 1
  • Author

"She's not my girlfriend". Perhaps she is waiting for you to ask her to be your girlfriend/exclusive. I sure wouldn't express my feelings of love for man, if I had them, before I was asked this.

Please explain. I feel so embarrassed.

Redhead means you should ask her to be your girlfriend. You said you're "just dating" her so maybe that's a reason why she's not ready to say the L word to you. Maybe she feels like you two aren't serious yet.

• Like 2

Are you by any chance that guy who's dating your mom's friend that you've known forever? If not, I apologize. But if you've known her a long time, your relationship will probably not go much beyond where it is now that you've had sex. However, if you're not that guy and this is someone you just recently met and are getting to know, anything can happen. Your age difference is going to give her pause because there's things you can't even fathom at your age a more mature woman is going to require in a man, like accomplishment, being settled in a good career, acting like a man and not a boy, generally.

People in love at different speeds.

However, based on your age differences & more importantly your life experience differences, it's unlikely that she will fall in love with you. You actually aren't in love with her either. You are infatuated. This is a all new & wonderful. The sex is great. You feel desirable. This is heady stuff & thta is glorious but it's not love.

Enjoy what you have because this older woman does care about you -- in fact she does love you but not in a romantic happily ever after way. She wants what you have to continue & there is nothing wrong with it but do not mistake her for the woman you will spend the rest of your life with or the mother of your future children.

It's important that you consider some objective opinions and points of view, try not calm down and not let your emotions control you. Think analytically instead of re-actively. That being said, I can understand your hurt, but it's not that she doesn't care for you man, she obviously does, it's just that some people just take a little longer to get around to being on the same level for a myriad of reasons. Don't take it personally