How can I get guys to approach me? [Updated]

I have never been approached before by a guy. I've seen guys approach women in Walmart before trying to flirt. How can I get guys to want to approach me? While shopping how can I seem more approachable?

@OP...easy. As someone that goes into walmart and see loads of women in there, especially in the late hours shopping, eye contact and a wee smile goes a lot way.

• Like 1
  • Author
@OP...easy. As someone that goes into walmart and see loads of women in there, especially in the late hours shopping, eye contact and a wee smile goes a lot way.

Thank you that's a good idea.

At the risk of sounding like I dated back in the colonial days, you know what I miss? I miss the wink. The wink was a subtle, classy and sometimes ambiguous way of flirting. I don't see much winking these days. I miss getting the wink and running back to my buddies and trying to interpret the wink in the context it was given.

OP, how do you feel about bringing the wink back?

• Like 2

Smile. I've been asked for my ph.no at the gas station, by the security gaurd outside the bank, and while I was out walking the dog, all after a smile.

Most guys aren't really hitting on girls in Walmart, so you shouldn't feel left out. Do you go to the bar at all? Kind of more the area where girls get hit on.

why would you envy a girl being hit on in a walmart? lol

be alone... i never get approached when i am with friends. when i am alone it happens more often. and look feminine/nice. you attract more attention attention when you look pretty. simple but true.

• Like 1

The quickest way to get a guy's attention is to look good. Make sure you're well put together when you're out in public, even if you're just running errands.

Also, make eye contact and smile. You need to exude a certain level of warmth and approachability for a guy to feel comfortable striking up a conversation.

• Like 1
why would you envy a girl being hit on in a walmart?

What is wrong with walmart as opposed to a meat market that is a club/gym/pub :confused:

What is wrong with walmart as opposed to a meat market that is a club/gym/pub :confused:

Screw the bar only. Girls are guarded at the bars and clubs. I like libraries, stores, or just on the side walk. Catches them off guard and when you have non beverage induced confidence, it goes a long way.

Absolutely. If a girl gives me a smile and eye contact, that's the green light, saying "Come talk to me." I see girls pass by guys every day without even glancing at them. They're either on their cell phone, or simply ignoring them. How's a dude supposed to know you're interested in him, if you won't even look at him?

why would you envy a girl being hit on in a walmart? lol

be alone... i never get approached when i am with friends. when i am alone it happens more often. and look feminine/nice. you attract more attention attention when you look pretty. simple but true.

Another good one. Women travel in packs too often, which is intimidating to guys who are considering making an approach. Guys are much more likely to approach if you're by yourself.

Edited by oberkeat
  • Author

Thank you everyone for your help. The thing is I always do my errands alone. I rarely talk on the phone while shopping. Simply because I always forget something while talking on the phone.

I will try getting more dressed up and looking and smiling at guys.

• Author
Most guys aren't really hitting on girls in Walmart, so you shouldn't feel left out. Do you go to the bar at all? Kind of more the area where girls get hit on.

I don't drink and I would not want to pick up a guy at a bar anyway. All the guys at bars are after is one night stands.

Hobbies, meet-ups, volunteering, church...

I know I repeat these a lot, but I really think that in the above mentioned type of scenarios you are in an environment conducive to connecting with others who have a shared interest (i.e. if you like chess, you join a chess meet-up group); and, them chatting you up would come naturally.

I mean, I've been approached at the gym, work, etc. and mostly I think they are a pick-up artist and for me, it's not like a Folger's commercial, where your neighbor comes over and asks of coffee and you two fall in love. Why? cuz I'm at the gym to work out, not meet people. It kinda throws you off

I don't drink and I would not want to pick up a guy at a bar anyway. All the guys at bars are after is one night stands.

I'm a guy. I go to bars. Not after one night stands at all. So I guess it's all guys minus one.

Admittedly I hate dance bars and don't go to them. I don't hit on random girls, don't want to attempt to dance with random girls, and you can't talk in there. So really no reason to go. But yeah, if your referring to those types of bars I can understand your attitude.

• Author
Hobbies, meet-ups, volunteering, church...

I know I repeat these a lot, but I really think that in the above mentioned type of scenarios you are in an environment conducive to connecting with others who have a shared interest (i.e. if you like chess, you join a chess meet-up group); and, them chatting you up would come naturally.

I mean, I've been approached at the gym, work, etc. and mostly I think they are a pick-up artist and for me, it's not like a Folger's commercial, where your neighbor comes over and asks of coffee and you two fall in love. Why? cuz I'm at the gym to work out, not meet people. It kinda throws you off

There is just one problem with the hobby theory. The only kind of men that likes the hobbies I do are mainly gay men. I love to crochet, knit and sew. I am not just assuming most men that like those things are mainly gay. I know it for a fact.