It felt right, but was it too early for sex?

Augman

Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this short while still giving you the basic back-story between us.

I met a woman 3 months ago or so, and have been in constant contact ever since. I really mean every minute possible. We became friends instantly, realized we were interested, dated for 3 weeks or so, and fell in love so quick. It turned to a committed relationship and we had discussions on many personal topics including our future and what we expected of it. We had the sex discussion, and we both generally wanted to wait at least until we were sure we were going to be together a long time, or when it felt right.

Before this instance, I was a virgin, and she has had one sexual partner. We both preferred to wait. Her previous sexual partner was with a friend that pressured her for years and she hated it, and hated herself for it.

To celebrate our one month she came over for a few hours, after a couple hours of being very close and intimate she asked "are you sure you want to wait"? I gave it a few minutes to think, and asked her if she was 100% ready, she thought, and said yes. I initially thought maybe only one month into a committed relationship was a bit early, but it felt right, very right. It happened, and it was the best day of my life, without a doubt, because I love her.

It has only been a week since then, and that day has only made us stronger. She said herself it was the first time in her life she has felt at peace and content, but I do occasionally wonder if it was a little early.

anyone have thoughts? The only reason I worry is because I have always had an image of waiting 6 months to a year before finally deciding to make love to the love of my life, so it seemed odd to me to feel so ready so early. thanks everyone!

Augman: It felt right, you were both willing and consenting. There is no problem. It was a wonderful moment for both of you, and this is how you should remember it for the rest of your life, your first time was memorable no matter if this relationship last or not. Whether you have sex after 3 months or 6 months it does not make a difference.

• Like 5
Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this short while still giving you the basic back-story between us.

I met a woman 3 months ago or so, and have been in constant contact ever since. I really mean every minute possible. We became friends instantly, realized we were interested, dated for 3 weeks or so, and fell in love so quick. It turned to a committed relationship and we had discussions on many personal topics including our future and what we expected of it. We had the sex discussion, and we both generally wanted to wait at least until we were sure we were going to be together a long time, or when it felt right.

Before this instance, I was a virgin, and she has had one sexual partner. We both preferred to wait. Her previous sexual partner was with a friend that pressured her for years and she hated it, and hated herself for it.

To celebrate our one month she came over for a few hours, after a couple hours of being very close and intimate she asked "are you sure you want to wait"? I gave it a few minutes to think, and asked her if she was 100% ready, she thought, and said yes. I initially thought maybe only one month into a committed relationship was a bit early, but it felt right, very right. It happened, and it was the best day of my life, without a doubt, because I love her.

It has only been a week since then, and that day has only made us stronger. She said herself it was the first time in her life she has felt at peace and content, but I do occasionally wonder if it was a little early.

anyone have thoughts? The only reason I worry is because I have always had an image of waiting 6 months to a year before finally deciding to make love to the love of my life, so it seemed odd to me to feel so ready so early. thanks everyone!

We're all happy for you. Be happy for yourself with no second thoughts. Something out there wanted you to have this moment. Don't ruin it by indecision.

Congrats OP on your first sexual encounter. Don't overthink it. If she loses interest, you'll know. If she doesn't work out long term, you can try again with another partner and wait longer if you wish, assuming you're very young.

• Like 2

Your night together sounds lovely. Many people would wish for a first time like that!

I slept with my husband on our first date. We had wanted each other for a while, and we just went for it. I knew pretty early on that he was the one for me. There is no right time - only the right time for you and your partner.

Congratulations and enjoy the moment.

• Like 1

It may have been a bit accelerated for a 1st time but love can't be measured on a calendar. If you both wanted it & it has brought you closer together it's fine. Continue & enjoy! :love:

• Like 1
  • Author

Wow, you are all so helpful and encouraging. Thank you.

We had a time early in our relationship (before we were evem committed) that was very difficult because of her previous sexual partner. I have my insecurities, and needed reseurance that it would mean the same to her as it would, me. She told me everything, that it meant nothing, that no one could mean as much as i do to her. After it happened for us, what really meant the world to me is that she said even if it wasnt her first time technically having sex, it was absolutely her first time making love.

Anyways, im off on a tangent. That day was perfect, and will never be forgotten, so thank you for the reassurance everyone. I have no doubt it has made us stronger and that we will love eachother for quite some time yet to come.

This forum is always full of great people, thanks again!!

• Like 2

I see no problem here whatsoever. You waited until it was right for both of you and it was magical. Congratulations dude! Sounds like a pretty great love affair so far!

Best of luck!

• Like 1
That day was perfect, and will never be forgotten,

So why are you worried??? That is all you need to know.

Enjoy. Its good to see some happiness out there.

• Like 1

Love is putting yourself out there and making yourself vulnerable and hoping you don't get dropped on your ass. But it's so worth it because that guaranteed happiness and deep connection with one person is a feeling no one could replace. You both decided on it and does not feel bad afterwards, so don't over think and enjoy the ride *coughs* if it doesn't work out, atleast you both tried.

• Like 1
  • Author
Careful. That's how it starts. They worship you and make you feel like you're on cloud nine. When that heart break comes, it will make you crash hard.

Well, this sometimes happens, and i keep that in mind, but at the same time im not going to hold back because of a chance things wont work, because id want her to give 100% faith into it as well.

Love is putting yourself out there and making yourself vulnerable and hoping you don't get dropped on your ass. But it's so worth it because that guaranteed happiness and deep connection with one person is a feeling no one could replace. You both decided on it and does not feel bad afterwards, so don't over think and enjoy the ride *coughs* if it doesn't work out, atleast you both tried.

That is how I've always tried to look at it. Ill give her my all. If it works, it works.

To everyone else, thanks again for the wishes. I realize I was worrying about nothing. I hope the relationship continues to grow.