He just wants to be friends ...

GinaCB

I was dating this guy for over 2 months and now He told me he wants to just be friends and start over he said he's just not feeling it anymore and his feelings of wanting to take things serious have faded. He says he really cares for me and wants to keep me in his life as a friend. :/ I was crushed cause I thought he was the one.

We have been getting into it a lot and I guess that's what pushed him away. But I cannot just be his friend and I told him that. I kind of let my hurt get the best of me and lashed out on him. I even unfollowed him on social networks and stuff but he keeps requesting me. He keeps texting me and everything. I know I will never heal and get over this unless I don't speak to him at all but at the same time he's a nice person but it's hard to keep someone around who has hurt you.

Tell him literally this: "Sorry but I don't need anymore friends." Then stop talking to him. It sounds like you got way too close to him and keeping him around as a friend is going to hurt you.

• Like 3

It does not matter what HE wants. You don't want a friendship with him so tell him to F-off, end of it.

He is capable of envisioning a friendship with you because he was never truly emotionally invested. It's different for you. Him insisting on staying friends, knowing how it hurts you, shows how selfish he is. He only thinks about how he wants to keep you as a friend, and gives no thoughts to the hurt it brings you. You don't need someone this insensitive in your life.

• Like 3

Yeah, it's going to be hard, but you have to tell him you're done.

No 'maybe in time' crap, cut him.

Block him from social media so he can't request you anymore.

Block his number.

Then go do some boxing and get a massage :)

mortensorchid

I've been there as well. About four years ago I was with someone who I thought was going to be the next LTR and after two months he said the same thing. He was trying to get over someone else, he said, and he wanted to be friends now. We're not today. He's engaged to be married to another woman he met right after me, I unfriended him on Facebook.

As for his wanting to still be in contact, don't do it. Time heals and it only heals with peace.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you I appreciate it. I will protect my own feelings by cutting him loose. I don't want his friendship. And if it was so easy for him to get over me (in the matter of days) then I don't need him in my life.

• Like 1
Isntshelovely

I agree. It is really hard to be just friends after dating. Stop contact, take a few months to regroup. Maybe in the future when the smoke clears you can be friends, but not now.

I've been there as well. About four years ago I was with someone who I thought was going to be the next LTR and after two months he said the same thing. He was trying to get over someone else, he said, and he wanted to be friends now. We're not today. He's engaged to be married to another woman he met right after me, I unfriended him on Facebook.

As for his wanting to still be in contact, don't do it. Time heals and it only heals with peace.

Agreed...^^...cuz, he was quick to get engaged to the other chick - so, he wasn't "feeling" it with you...Then, what's the point in being his "friend-just-in-case"?

There's nothing wrong with being "friendly" (i.e. if you see them walking down the street, you be polite), but being a "friend" (i.e. chatting on social media, keeping in touch, hanging out) isn't cool if they have or no longer have romantic feelings for you...That's just like them keeping you in reserves "just in case" they change their mind (the often don't anyways).

• Author

Yea I rather forget about him completely. He told me the classic line "it's not you its me" he said he doesn't know what he wants and doesn't think he's ready for a girl. Then he went on to tell me "he has a soft spot for me but just not feeling it", "you will find someone better than me" blah blah blah. What's sad is I was with him less than two weeks ago, we were acting like a couple I even slept with him. Now All of a sudden "the chemistry wasn't where it should be". So over it. Not worth the tears.

It happens. Be glad you found out now and not 2 years later.

And he can go blue in the face trying to request you, but just block him. Ignore him. He'll eventually go away.