How to Keep the Ball Rolling?

umirano

Update and sequel to http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/496559-how-get-ball-rolling

We had our second date the day before yesterday. Dinner again. She returned from her 4-day holiday during which I didn't contact her. I welcomed her back in town the night I knew she'd be returning. Nothing flirty like always in none of those texts. As per the advice given on page #1 of above thread I dialed back the sweet talk pretty much to zero. She left my last text of that night unanswered (I asked her whether she was going to be free Wed of this week). At lunch she said only Mon/Tue would work for her, so I cut my practise short to have another dinner date with her. It was good, we talked lots and had a good night I'd say. She's gorgeous (I told her, she thanked me), I made it clear that I appreciate her character traits, etc. She also gave me a few compliments but she didn't ask a lot about me. She talked a little about her RS with men, but not much. She's single, she said that open RS probably wouldn't work for her and that she can't accept lies. So far so good. She also asked me whether I'm intimidated by her BC she has a lot of guy friends, or whether that would be a turn off. I denied as I don't see her as a player / immature attention seeker. And she told me she didn't ask about a GF of mine BC she takes things slowly and will find out over time. She alluded that a lot of men head off rather quickly BC she's not giving off a very interested vibe. She also told me that "a man" recently made her cry. While all those things don't look too bad, I just really don't know where I stand and what she sees me as.

I walked her home and we hugged / cheek kissed again. Also she said "See you soon..." when we parted ways. So I take it I still have the green light.

Now I'm still unsure. I'm not feeling a crazy chemistry like I did at the start of certain past RS. I just like a lot of her character traits and I'm almost a little intimidated with her looks . Is it possible that I just need more 'go' signals from her, or more courage respectively, to proceed?

The after date text I sent (well, I sent it the next morning) remained unanswered for 23.5 hrs. And the answer was reciprocal really, basically returning the exact same compliments I made.

Che cosa fare???

• Author

Do I wait for her to show more interest, i.e. to suggest a third date, or do I call her? I have not replied to the text she took so long to send.

Measuring the length of time between texts is a game. Stop because you are making yourself crazy.

If you like her & enjoy her company, call her on the phone & arrange a 3rd date.

• Author
Measuring the length of time between texts is a game.
I wasn't actually measuring them. I just now them from the top of my head :) And I aIso didn't purposefully not reply.

I'm really just not getting a clear reading as to how much she's interested and as I explained above, I'm surprised at the lack of chemistry. There is chemistry but I'm used to a little more than that. I don't know if it's her laid back personality, my being a little shy BC of her beauty and confidence. She's not exactly giggly and girly around me. But she seems to be having a good time. I don't know whether I'm put off by something about her, or whether I'm worried of her not really being interested. I could also be overthinking it completely.

If you like her & enjoy her company, call her on the phone & arrange a 3rd date.

I'll call her and see how that goes. I'd rather leave it at two dates than add a 3rd one that goes bad / is awkward.

• Author

I called her, she didn't pick up, she calls back 5 min later. Some small talk. I suggest we could do something else next week (other than have dinner / drinks), so I ask her whether she's a very good cook. No. So I'm good to go to cook something for us without embarrassing myself too bad. We agreed to have another call at the beginning of the week as I'm in a family situation with a lot of loose ends and I'm not sure about my schedule next week. But I'd like to have another date before I have to leave for 3-week period. As were bot very busy usually I don't have my hopes too high to be able to meet her over one of the weekends in my 3-week period.

She maybe initiated texting once. And usually takes quite a lot of time to reply. She's never very flirty. Neither over text nor in person. But she's smiling a lot, tells me to meet soon again, etc.

She hinted on the last date that she's careful because she gets hit on a lot and I guess got burned BC a lot of guys pursue her for her looks without caring too much about her as a person. At least that's what I think is the gist of what she was saying.

Have a fun weekend everyone!