Bf seems to be losing interest in me

Thegreatestthing

Thegreatestthing

We have had a great relationship the last three months,always loving,supportive communicate all the time,I didn't even visit these forums cause I was in a happy relationship.

The past two weeks I started studying again and spent lots of time in the librAry and not tAlking to him this was actually good because we got more excited to talk to each other after the absence.but I'm like my grandmother and get very passionate and absorbed by subjects and my bf is not at all intellectual or anything like that so now it's all I'm talking about and he is just like whatever. I'm always thinking about all the stuff I'm studying ,should I expect him to be more interested.

When I met him I was doing my art and things like that and not studying anything.maybe ignorance is bliss because I was happier before I was studying ,I was just decorating my place and completely obvious to everything going on in the world and we got on better.

The purpose of a relationship isn't necessarily to be able to spend 90% of your time together talking about your career. Do you think it's possible that he isn't interested because you're overdoing it?

That being said, IMO mental 'wavelength' is one of the more important aspects of a relationship, for me at least. I don't need to discuss my career all that much, but it's important to have a spouse who 'gets it' on the occasions that I do want to have intellectual conversations. So you just have to decide how important this is for you.

• Like 1

It seems more like you who is losing interest in him, than the other way around!

Your needs are not being met... you need to talk to him about this, and consider if you're really a good match.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

I think you may be a bit right I found I couldn't have a conversation with him about anything intellectual.

but I think it may be my fault I said to him that after I study esp big issues,I feel stressed and just take it all on very emotionally etc I can't read things and just forget it.he told me not to study then, if it's going to upset me and I think this is the reason he won't talk about it.he is actually smart it's just that he doesn't want me to get worked up and upset.how do people unwind from it.

Anyway he's been very supportive and loving and told me not to worry,I don't know what I'd do without him.

Edited by Thegreatestthing