Girlfriend problems, how to find the spark again?

juanito14

My girlfriend just started her quarter of college about a month ago and is going to have 3 big midterms in the next 3 weeks, which she let me know would mean less time for us to hang out. I’m completely understanding about that, what worries me is our communication has changed over the past week or two. She used to text me whenever she was on her phone, now I’ll see her on facebook and instagram and then goes back to doing what she was doing before texting me like 30 minutes later. We used to be more affectionate, I still try to be but she just texts me short lines back, at times she will say she appreciates me being understanding and how she misses me. Am I just overthinking this whole thing and she’s just busy? I know shes stressed about school, but she also said she felt like distancing herself from me because I was being too affectionate too often. Is this how the lines of communication naturally change over time in a relationship. We’ve been dating for 3 months now. What can I do to make this easier on both of us?

My girlfriend just started her quarter of college about a month ago and is going to have 3 big midterms in the next 3 weeks, which she let me know would mean less time for us to hang out. I’m completely understanding about that, what worries me is our communication has changed over the past week or two. She used to text me whenever she was on her phone, now I’ll see her on facebook and instagram and then goes back to doing what she was doing before texting me like 30 minutes later. We used to be more affectionate, I still try to be but she just texts me short lines back, at times she will say she appreciates me being understanding and how she misses me. Am I just overthinking this whole thing and she’s just busy? I know shes stressed about school, but she also said she felt like distancing herself from me because I was being too affectionate too often. Is this how the lines of communication naturally change over time in a relationship. We’ve been dating for 3 months now. What can I do to make this easier on both of us?

The biggest killer of any relationship is one person relying on another. Being clingy.

You are watching her every move and expecting her to reply. Whenever you can see yourself checking up on her and thinking about what she is doing or needing to know, you have a problem.

She has a life. You clearly evolve your life around her. It is not easy to change and it is unlikely to happen. Most likely you will push her away with your actions of constantly bombarding her with attention.

Passion requires push and pull, you should never have anyone around all the time and you need to miss someone to appreciate them.

Get your own life, break free of this hold that you think you own her after only 3 months, you don't. If she is off to college as well then you should keep your attachment to a minimum because she is likely to meet a lot of new people.

Never rely on anyone but yourself. Do not care too much and you never get hurt. The clingy/needy trait is one of the worst a man can possess. Change.