"I'm too busy..."

GuskeGee

Hey!

I asked this girl out and she said:

"I can't this Friday or weekend, I'm too busy. Sorry! But I have time next weekend?"

Is it a rejection or...????

No, Guskee, it means what she says, so try and book a date with her for next w/e !

Good luck

Hey!

I asked this girl out and she said:

"I can't this Friday or weekend, I'm too busy. Sorry! But I have time next weekend?"

Is it a rejection or...????

Do you understand what the part in bold means?

How is it a rejection?

She gave you a counteroffer of "next weekend"...

Then follow up on her counteroffer...ask her 'what day/time would work for her cuz you know a great cafe or bar or something

• Author

Well, I already responded, kept my cool and just said "cool, no problem. Let's talk next week and find out when and where."

Is that a good enough answer?

I know, it's just that this girl is different from all the others in that she's "busy" like that. I've dated many girls since my teen years and never have i gotten such a reply.

That's why I was confused. I'll probably text her next week and find out when it fits her best.

Not the best move IMO. I think you should have said "Next weekend sounds great. How about Saturday?"

Yes, it is possible for someone to be busy for 2-3 days.

• Author
Not the best move IMO. I think you should have said "Next weekend sounds great. How about Saturday?"

Why was that a bad move? It didn't sound desperate at all, I kept my cool and left the conversation after that. No reason to stay around and beg to give me an answer now - that would seem clingy.

Why was that a bad move? It didn't sound desperate at all, I kept my cool and left the conversation after that. No reason to stay around and beg to give me an answer now - that would seem clingy.

Setting a specific time and place for the next weekend is taking the bull by the horns and making plans and making a date. That's alpha.

It's not an act of desperation.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying to look all Joe Cool.

• Like 1
  • Author
Setting a specific time and place for the next weekend is taking the bull by the horns and making plans and making a date. That's alpha.

It's not an act of desperation.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying to look all Joe Cool.

Well, you can still play alpha by setting a specific time and place for next weekend in a few days, can't you? As long as I'm the one setting the time and date, what does it matter if I set it a few days later or right away?

mortensorchid

I would take the bull by the horns like others said and make plans for next weekend ASAP. That way she will be able to say yes or no. If she says no then she's not interested, if she says yes than she is.

@OP....have a contingency for this weekend, she might come back if the other date(s) she scheduled to go on falls through. Just sayin'

I am sure you've read here some women saying they just tell the date they are busy, when they already have something else lined up.

It's when she does not counter offer that a girl lets you know subtly she is not interested. Definately agree that you should have set a date (eventhough it seems too early on) then message mid week to confirm. Doesn't mean it's a catastrophe, keep conversation light and sparingly and message her mid week for next weeks plans!

Well, you can still play alpha by setting a specific time and place for next weekend in a few days, can't you? As long as I'm the one setting the time and date, what does it matter if I set it a few days later or right away?

Because she might have already filled up her schedule a few days later. I'm not sure where you are in the world, but where I am you posted on Tuesday and her weekend was already booked. As she interacts with people and is out and about this weekend, she may fill up her time for next weekend. Right now, you have no set plans with her so she has no obligation to hold any time open for you. So when her friend asks her to brunch on Sunday, she can say yes; when the guy she meets at the bar on Friday asks her out for next Friday, she can say yes, etc. This is why it is very important to carve out your time slot in advance.

• Like 2

You're thinking too much.

Usually when she counters with another day it means she wants to go. The real indication of trouble is if she just says she's too busy and leaves it at that.

However, as is the issue in my case, sometimes girls will reschedule just to buy time until they can come up with a better excuse, so you're not out of the woods yet. Make a new date with her as soon as possible and hope for the best.

It means she's being polite to tell you she's not free this friday or the weekend but is interested in you to let you know that she is free on another time and is hinting that she could go out with you on that time.