a question about a girl I like

gxmen

Roni joined to my workplace 3 months ago.

By the time she joined here she had a relationship with a guy for almost 2 years.

She started to flirt with me and touch me a lot on our first days together at work.

We went for a coffee a few times after work and I got her number and she was texting me all day long.

She was sending me hearts everynight before she went to bed and was telling me good morning every day the first moment she woke up. She told me I make her happy everytime she is depressed.

I knew she had a boyfriend although she hardly mentioned him and even when she did I found an excuse to leave the conversation cause I didn't want us to start talk about him.

eventually (after 2 months), I decided to talk with her one night when she stayed with me to sit somewhere.

I told her if you just want to be friends that's fine. I would love to be a friend with you.

she said she likes me but she is not going to cheat her boyfriend.

a few days later she tells me she is going to break up with him and that she wants to talk with me about something.

She said she denied that she liked me because she had a boyfriend, and that she has some feelings for me.

Then, we both sat together holding each other's hands and tried to talk about it and there was a moment when I decided to kiss her.

she said No! she told me that she had just broke up with her boyfriend and she doesn't know if I'm just a rebound for her or not.

so she is afraid of hurting me and she wants to slow things down and wait a little while.

she continued to talk with me and to initiate text messages all day long for a while and then after a few weeks she stopped.

Now I never was the one to initiate contact with her except for a few times, and since she stopped doing this, I decided

to let her go. I stopped contacting her for about few weeks now and we hardly talked in the past few weeks.

When she does say hello or anything I just say it back and acts as if everything is normal and great with me.

right now all I'm planning to do is keep doing this for a full month and then if she won't start reinitiate

contact like she did before I will just tell her our friendship is important for me and ask her out for a coffee.

why do you think this girl suddenly stopped showing interest? I just think she had to take a break in order to see if she really needs me around her.

Edited by gxmen

Welcome to the friend-zone...

She likes you as a friend, nothing more.

Because you wanted more and tried to kiss her, it made her uncomfortable to talk to you even as a friend.

Your chances with her are effectively zero at this point. Maybe go NC and see what happens.

Probably couldn't break up with her boyfriend and she probably feels like you're going to be disappointed in her because of this. Maybe she decided to work things out with him.

Since she feels like this will hurt you, she is putting distance between you and her.

Also, this is called a line break. You get them with the enter (return) key.

• Author
Probably couldn't break up with her boyfriend and she probably feels like you're going to be disappointed in her because of this. Maybe she decided to work things out with him.

Since she feels like this will hurt you, she is putting distance between you and her.

Also, this is called a line break. You get them with the enter (return) key.

She told me her boyfriend is trying to get her back but she doesn't want him anymore. And she also told me she really likes me as more than a friend.

I guess we don't talk right now because she needs a little time alone to see if she really needs me or she might find somebody else. Either way we were very comfortable with each other so it doesn't make sense to stop talking forever. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

I understand that she may have told you that she didn't want to cheat on her BF, but do both of you understand that she was emotionally cheating on him with you. People who are faithful to their partners, do not blow up other people's phones with messages or include hearts in those texts.

She may have enjoyed the ego stroke she got from all of the attention you paid to her & have wanted to break up with her BF but the fact is she doesn't want to date. If she did, she wouldn't care about the passage of time between the official end of her other relationship & the official beginning of her dating you. All the time you have already spent together you are "involved."

My advice to you, keep it professional. This woman is the type of person you can't get involved with at work. She doesn't know her own mind. She's a game player. Even if you did date her, when it ended, work would be intollerable