what do i do?

kitty2013

I've recently been seeing a guy I met from a dating website, he's been amazing from the word go. First date at the beach, second date I ended up staying at his. This Friday he was so close to asking me out properly, but then got cold feet.

since then, he's been distant.

we spoke in depth about how he was hurt and is scared I may hurt him (this guy doesn't open up about his feelings).

He also said I'm between the friend zone and "potential girlfriend" zones. Is this a good place to be?

how can I show him I'm not going to hurt him? And see that pursuing a relationship with me is going to be a great thing?

men's opinions are welcome too! X

I dont think he has any "Dont hurt me hangups"

I think you probably had a bad date when you went to hang out at his, and you left him feeling unsure.

I think you should leave him alone and let him come to you a little bit, or find out if something really did go wrong at that time

• Author

The second date at his was as amazing as the first, he said he cant wait to see me again.

he wants to take things slow which I dont mind, but its so frustrating to one minute being all "lovey dovey" then next he's got cold feet.

I like this guy, any tips on how to keep him interested? And wanting more?

I've recently been seeing a guy I met from a dating website, he's been amazing from the word go. First date at the beach, second date I ended up staying at his. This Friday he was so close to asking me out properly, but then got cold feet.

since then, he's been distant.

we spoke in depth about how he was hurt and is scared I may hurt him (this guy doesn't open up about his feelings).

He also said I'm between the friend zone and "potential girlfriend" zones. Is this a good place to be?

how can I show him I'm not going to hurt him? And see that pursuing a relationship with me is going to be a great thing?

men's opinions are welcome too! X

Honestly, it's not a great place to be. He's closed-off. And calling all the shots, apparently. You can't show someone you won't hurt them if they won't let you. In my experience, men like this are not going to commit and often use their pasts as an excuse not to lock you down and also to give themselves permission to date around and see other women. They are generally not worth the headache. He's telling you he's going to be difficult. Listen to him. If he's already this way after just two dates, it's not a good sign.

If he's pulling back, let him. And continue to see other men too. Two dates isn't enough to pass up other potential guys.

Let him be distant and see if he actually tries to reconnect with you. To me this sounds like the oldest trick in the book; guy tries to get some action then pulls the 'wounded bird' act to keep her on the hook without having to commit to anything. He may come through but be wary. If he really wants to be with you he'll be with you without any excuses.