Kissed on second date, but not third

LME

I have been seeing a new guy I met online. This is the most chemistry I've had with an online date and I think we are very compatible.

On our third date we were cuddling and had our first kiss/make out if you will. It was great! :)

We had our fourth date this past weekend and met up in the afternoon for a hike/trail walk. We had great convo the whole time and idk it just feels natural. We both had plans w friends later that evening so when we got back to his place I just went inside for a few minutes to grab my keys etc. Then when I left I thought hmmm maybe we will kiss agin, but we just hugged.

Everything felt normal and I know I could have went in for a kiss and maybe it just wasn't a ~kissable moment~ Obv now I am overthinking everything and thinking I messed up somehow.

I think we are both a little shy when it comes to getting to know people. I usually get over it within a few weeks but idk it's just nerve wracking for me when I really feel a connection w someone

Edited by LME

If you made it up to the 4th date it seems like you both like each other and are enjoying getting to know each other. Did you not kiss on 3rd or 4th dates? I think as long as you were flirty (smiling, laughing at any jokes, touching him a bit on the arm, etc) it's fine. you don't need to make out each time you see him. Do you have another date planned?Just make sure to try to kiss him then. I think the only thing more awkward than a first kiss with someone is "knowing if you should do it again" the text time you see them. Just lean in and he will probs take it from there.

• Author

Oh whoops my post title should say 3rd but not fourth

We usually talk about every few days so haven't talked to him since yesterday when I saw him. Yeah I mean our hike was nice and we weren't overly touchy feely but it wa good vibes I think. Idk I feel pretty confident about where things could possibly go but that always makes me panic a little and over think.

To be honest usually once I have sex with someone I am way more relaxed around them and more myself. I want to wait a little longer than I usually do this time around though. Not too long but I want to get to know him more before I have sex etc. I am a firm believer inn you should have sex when you want but with him something is telling me to hold out a little longer than usual (so like more than 2 weeks lol)

Edited by LME

I dont think you're overthinking, chemistry should increase not fade. Were either one of you sweaty/stinky from the hike, or in a rush (you said you both had plans)? Has he contacted you since the date?

• Author

I ended up texting him just how I tried the coffee shop he suggested I try over the weekend (had day off today)

He responded normally but no plans set yet.

I'm just gonna leave it up to him now. I really think I am overthinking but I'll see if he reaches out to set up a date this weekend or something