am i a horrible boyfriend

alexwood

yesterday was my girfriends birthday(23)..we have been together two months, i called her at midnight to wish her a happy birthday

i didnt see her yesterday, she has two jobs and she doesnt get to see her family or friends alot so i figured it would be alright if she just spent time with them (she lives 90 minutes away), because i had to work at 4 pm so i was just trying to be understanding

she is coming down next week and im going to give her her present. its a shirt of her favorite baseball team and im getting her flowers, a card and making her a cake

i was oging to send her flowers but it was about 75 dollars!!! im sorry but thats to much money for just flowers

anyway... do you think im a bad boyfriend not seeing her on her birthday? she said she had plans but would make time to see me but i told her it was alright and that she should spend time with them

No you are not a bad BF. You called & you have something planned when you can see her.

Had you asked earlier, I would have suggested you could have been a better BF by sending her a birthday card via snail mail (~ $5 bucks including card, postage & gas to the card store & post office)

• Like 2
  • Author
No you are not a bad BF. You called & you have something planned when you can see her.

Had you asked earlier, I would have suggested you could have been a better BF by sending her a birthday card via snail mail (~ $5 bucks including card, postage & gas to the card store & post office)

i was just being understanding

Lernaean_Hydra

Hell, it's only been two months, you get points in my book for just remembering the date to begin with! Trust me, a lot of guys really don't even bother.

i was oging to send her flowers but it was about 75 dollars!!! im sorry but thats to much money for just flowers

Where do you live? Unless it's somewhere in Podunk, Nova Scotia finding flowers on the cheap should be no big deal. Your local supermarket's floral department should sell a decent bouquet for under $20 or less. You do not have to get her a dozen long-stem red roses or something nor purchase them online.

Alternatively, you can make her your own floral arrangement or better yet, an arrangement of edibles (fruit dipped in chocolate, etc) for about the same price.

That said, you are in no way a horrible boyfriend. As much as we like seeing our significant others on special days, sometimes, unfortunately, circumstances make that impossible. The fact that you have something planned more than makes up for any earlier inconvenience.

• Like 1

It depends upon what she might like.

Not a point of view of anyone on an online forum.

She is unique so will have her own opinions.

• Author
Hell, it's only been two months, you get points in my book for just remembering the date to begin with! Trust me, a lot of guys really don't even bother.

Where do you live? Unless it's somewhere in Podunk, Nova Scotia finding flowers on the cheap should be no big deal. Your local supermarket's floral department should sell a decent bouquet for under $20 or less. You do not have to get her a dozen long-stem red roses or something nor purchase them online.

Alternatively, you can make her your own floral arrangement or better yet, an arrangement of edibles (fruit dipped in chocolate, etc) for about the same price.

That said, you are in no way a horrible boyfriend. As much as we like seeing our significant others on special days, sometimes, unfortunately, circumstances make that impossible. The fact that you have something planned more than makes up for any earlier inconvenience.

thanks..i wasreally nervous

You get extra points for baking a cake!

You are not a horrible boyfriend at all! Sometimes schedules don't allow for meeting but the fact that you have thought ahead and have all these things planned to surprise her makes you a thoughtful and caring boyfriend.

And I agree with d0nnivain, a card would have been nice to receive in the mail if you couldn't send flowers or see her. But what you have done so far is more than enough.

• Author
You get extra points for baking a cake!

You are not a horrible boyfriend at all! Sometimes schedules don't allow for meeting but the fact that you have thought ahead and have all these things planned to surprise her makes you a thoughtful and caring boyfriend.

And I agree with d0nnivain, a card would have been nice to receive in the mail if you couldn't send flowers or see her. But what you have done so far is more than enough.

yeah i told her i had stuff planned for us

yeah i told her i had stuff planned for us

So she knows you're thinking about her and wanting to make it special for her. You have nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

You were thinking about her and got her something and you've only been dating two months...if she bytches and whines, then initiate launch sequence...

I mean, I'm not big on birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I have to literally put reminder after reminder on my calendar so I don't forget.

I'll use my mum as an example. I do stuff for her EVERY day (as well as my friends and other family members). I THINK of her every day...If I'm out and about, I say 'ummm, this looks nice, I wonder if she'd like this'. If she says she needs/wants something, I'll surprise her and get if for her (and I do the same for family and friends). So, if I forget or am late on a birthday or mom's day, or Xmas I think that is just ridiculous cuz they darn well know I care for them.

But, I still make the effort cuz it means something to the other person - I guess that's what RLs are about - doing what you can to make that person happy. I also get on my sibling's case to remember the anniversaries, b-days and just say sweet things to their SO...LOL, one of my siblings is like me, he's like 'I put food on the table, that's enough' and I remind him that to make the effort to remember the holidays, b-days and show appreciation....lol.