On the creeper scale how bad is this?

Alicecooperfan

Alicecooperfan

I met this girl two years ago in a chem lab. I was dating someone else at the time and generally didn't try that hard with other people. I did homework with her a few times and was kind of awkward about it. I ran into her a few times around campus over the last two years but never really got close to her.

About a year ago, or a year after knowing her, I broke up with my now ex and chatted with her some. I wasn't really over my ex and never made a move. Then this girl visits some countries overseas, I chat with her some on Facebook while she's away, and that never really goes anywhere.

By the time she's back in the US I'm away in another state for summer and don't talk to her much. I might have chatted with her once on facebook. This whole time I've been trying to keep some distance so I don't friendzone myself idly chatting with her.

As of a month ago we are both back on campus but now her facebook is offline. We follow each other on instagram and its apparent it has to do with her sorority. Now bids are out and she is back online. It must have happend in the last couple days because I occasionally would type her facebook URL in to see if she was back online.

How long should I wait to contact her after her facbook it back online? I don't want to come off as a creeper and I just want to ask her out and see what happens. She's attractive and I'm single. I'm going to have to ask her out over facebook because when we're both at school I might see her on campus once a month at best.

• Author
Alicecooperfan
why don't you ask her enough questions to see her in person, and ask her out that way.

far less creepy.

Asking to meet in person is asking her out. I'd call it a date if I meet her at starbucks or something to chat. Or do you mean something else?

Also some of what I am asking about is I think she just reactivated her facebook within the last couple days. Should I wait for her to post something before chatting? So it seems less stalkerish?

You're strategizing the details of a relationship with a woman who it doesn't seem really knows you even exist. You're in a huge imbalance here, one that is honestly hard to overcome.

Just ask. Immediately.

• Like 2
  • Author
Alicecooperfan
You're strategizing the details of a relationship with a woman who it doesn't seem really knows you even exist. You're in a huge imbalance here, one that is honestly hard to overcome.

Just ask. Immediately.

I'm just trying to not come off as a creeper because frankly I have been creeping on her for the last 6 months since I've been totally done with my ex.

So you don't think it would be weird if I ask her over facebook to meet up for coffee or something?

I was thinking maybe "hey Matilda, what's going on? Got any good classes this semester? I've got Marketing T/TH at 11, so I get to head straight to Ruperts Dining Hall after for lunch. You should come by. It's been a long time since I've seen you. "

Then let that conversation grow organically. Maybe she'll tell you enough that you can bump into her on purpose.

Not exactly a date. Something like that. Then when you see her, you can ask her out on a proper date.

• Author
Alicecooperfan
I don't think you've entered creeper territory yet. Unless you've been listening to too much Ballad of Dwight Fry, of course.

Good! I don't even know what that song is.

This is way more creeper-esque than how I normally go for women and I'm second guessing myself.

Well, since you're called Alicecooperfan, you better check it out on "Love it to Death," which is probably Alice's best album and it's a great song, but the whole album is great and it's best to get the whole thing.

I'm not a big fan of asking anybody anything serious through FB. However, it does seem to be the norm in college. Do you know anything about where she hangs out or with whom? Can you go there & talk to her, like at a party or Greek event? even in the student union or after a class?