is this normal while dating?

paris4

I've had 6 dates with this guy. We've had great dates and then we've had boring/bad dates. After a great date he would initiate texts and try to see me whenever he could but after a bad date he seem get cold and I would have to figure out a way to get him to be interested in me again. Is this normal? Thanks!

I've had 6 dates with this guy. We've had great dates and then we've had boring/bad dates. After a great date he would initiate texts and try to see me whenever he could but after a bad date he seem get cold and I would have to figure out a way to get him to be interested in me again. Is this normal? Thanks!

You have had 6 dates and no or little progress, it's not working out, just drop him. You shouldn't have to work this hard to make a relationship happen.Is it normal? Never happened to me...it's just luck of the draw.

DazedandConfused8

Why were they "bad" dates? Were some of them poorly organized, or just things you weren't interested in?

Wow, no. not at all. you trying to keep him interested? you're in the right path to be his doormat.

It's HIM the one who should keep you interested, not the inverse.

I assume a bad date was probably the one he was bored or uninterested in you, and you think you should try to entertain him.

Well, no. you're flirting with disaster. Don't chase the man.

• Like 1

why dont you ask the guy how he feels about how things have been going?

He can tell you if he likes you or if he just doesn't feel the chemistry.

Instead of asking us or jumping to conclusions, you might try that first.

Why were they "bad" dates? Were some of them poorly organized, or just things you weren't interested in?

And, it seems that he was blaming the OP for the "bad dates" by going cold ?

I can understand wanting the other person to make contact first sometimes, too, but people who blow not and blow cold are generally emotionally unavailable folks who will mess with your emotions in the long run, to the point that you won't know if you are coming or going.

You shouldn't have to be left feeling bad or guilty or responsible for a date that didn't go too well, unless you did something really bad on purpose, like dump hot coffee on his lap or something. It takes two people to make an evening together fun and enjoyable.

Move on, this one sounds immature and unavailable. Next !

DazedandConfused8
Wow, no. not at all. you trying to keep him interested? you're in the right path to be his doormat.

It's HIM the one who should keep you interested, not the inverse.

Says who?.....

If he was the right match at all, you guys wouldn't get bored and would have plenty to talk about. I had to cut someone loose once because it just got to where we ran out of things to talk about. He was so perfect on paper, but a lifetime of that? No way. Just not the right match.

what was a boring/bad date? perhaps you're just projecting your own opinion of that onto him. seems like if you're up to 6 dates things are going ok.

• Author

We've had great dates during which we kept finding areas of common interests and couldn't stop talking (this happened on two dates) but rest of the times, we had hard time trying to come up with things to say (ran out of topics?). I dont know why we are having difficulty conversing since we have so much in common and we both like things that few people would be interested in so I thought we would be a great match. Our lastest date, he seemed distracted. I could tell his mood was different. He was going through tough time at work which he did tell me about. I just don't know if its normal to one week feel like we were finallly getting closer then next week feel like we have become distant again?