What's he meaning is he interested?

JHparkes

This guy at work that I really fancy, he’s foreign. Anyways so I have been getting the vibe he likes me but nothing I can really put my finger on – just the usual intense eye contact when speaking, visual check-out of my whole body, wanting to initiate conversation with me about non-related work matters when he really doesn’t have to, making banter to etc.

Anyways, feeling braver than usual yesterday (I’m normally quite tongue-tied and shaky) I went over to him in the canteen. I proceeded to tell him about some work related matter, and we spoke about that with smiling faces. Afterwards he asked for my work extension number (despite my giving it to him several times) and said he had forgotten it. He took out his mobile and I moved round to stand next to him. He then said “I can feel it now……” and looked up at me with a coy smile on his face. I said “don’t you mean smell it?” as we had been having a conversation about how we both love garlic in our food. And he said “No, I mean feel it….. It doesn’t matter”. And I didn’t push the matter further. Then as I was about to walk off he said “I was glad to see you today” and I said “you too”.

But what did he mean by “I can feel it now??” – is there something I am missing? My friend was watching the whole conversation from a distance and she said when I first went out he was checking me out a couple of times.

Sorry. I can't help you. I post just to assure you that you are not alone in your wondering. It was a very odd thing to say. I think the only one who can explain it to you is him but hey, at least now you have an excuse to talk to him on Monday. ;)

It sounds like the guy is tipping is toe in and checking the temperature. He wanted to see how you react to his comment.

Sounds like he is interested, but is rolling a slow-play on you. Slow play is kind of appropriate given that it is a work environment, things can get sticky if things go wrong.

If he is already at this point I figure he isn't far off from asking you out, but it could still take a while. If you want it, drop some hints and give some openings for him to jump on and then wait for him to seize his opportunity.