Am I over-reacting?

ByMyself01

I am dating a guy and he usually plays online Spades and we used to together, then all of a sudden I noticed he started playing with a certain other woman all the time and then all of a sudden she adds him as a friend on Facebook. Should I be concerned that something more is going on or just trust him. Also, not to mention him and I had gotten in argument over this woman because I told him I think he finds interest in her and that he shouldn't play Spades with her all the time but then I realized it's too controlling and he likes to use the friend card. He says all women are friends and nothing more but he goes too far with his friends like he gives them compliments all the time to the point I don't get the compliments at all anymore. I just feel like I'm losing him to other women and everytime I call it off, he gets mad, sometimes I feel like he wants to keep me as a backup plan until he finds someone else and Im slowly trying to move on. I call it off because I have a gut feeling he's not into me like that but he wants to keep me as a girlfriend to prevent loneliness and I don;t want to be used.

torturedartist
I am dating a guy and he usually plays online Spades and we used to together, then all of a sudden I noticed he started playing with a certain other woman all the time and then all of a sudden she adds him as a friend on Facebook. Should I be concerned that something more is going on or just trust him. Also, not to mention him and I had gotten in argument over this woman because I told him I think he finds interest in her and that he shouldn't play Spades with her all the time but then I realized it's too controlling and he likes to use the friend card. He says all women are friends and nothing more but he goes too far with his friends like he gives them compliments all the time to the point I don't get the compliments at all anymore. I just feel like I'm losing him to other women and everytime I call it off, he gets mad, sometimes I feel like he wants to keep me as a backup plan until he finds someone else and Im slowly trying to move on. I call it off because I have a gut feeling he's not into me like that but he wants to keep me as a girlfriend to prevent loneliness and I don;t want to be used.

After reading the OP, I have the feeling I'm in the future reading a post related to dating. Have you held this guy's hand? Have you kissed him? If you haven't, how can you reasonably ask the question: "is he into me?" Because who in the hell are you but some kind of e-acquaintance to him?

Rub up against him. Let him smell your perfume. Then ask the question you've asked here. Oh wait, you won't have to, once you have the answer.

The point being that the answer lies in the asking, and so far, you haven't asked.

• Author
After reading the OP, I have the feeling I'm in the future reading a post related to dating. Have you held this guy's hand? Have you kissed him? If you haven't, how can you reasonably ask the question: "is he into me?" Because who in the hell are you but some kind of e-acquaintance to him?

Rub up against him. Let him smell your perfume. Then ask the question you've asked here. Oh wait, you won't have to, once you have the answer.

The point being that the answer lies in the asking, and so far, you haven't asked.

How much time do you spend together? Does he still initiate contact and dates with you?

Yes, when we are together we spend a lot of time together almost to the point we can't stop touching or kissing eachother. But to me, that's not special enough. I feel special when my man is into me and no one else. He will hold hands with me, kiss me and cuddle with me with no problems. But the other women is the issue.