Odd situation?

doves1224

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums so bear with me.. I could use some advice

I'm a 22 year old guy who recently started talking to this girl I met online about 2 months ago, like late May. At first it couldn't have gone better - we had very nice deep conversations about our incredibly similar childhoods, (single-dad raised families), our music taste were spot on and that's rare for me to find since I'm into a lot of underground/indie artists. We had funny conversations too just acting silly questions back and forth. It had progressed nicely and naturally. About a month ago I say we should finally meet in real life and she said she wasn't thinking of meeting until December/January, although she did want to she admitted.

At first I was so caught off guard. January is a pretty long time to wait. But as we talked more I of course developed some feelings, as did she at the time. We'd talk for hours on the phone - even watch movies and tv series. I tried to do the best I could with the whole January thing trying to play it cool like it didn't effect me at all. I know I should've bailed instantly but something about this girl's unique personality and thoughts on God and life greatly attracted me.

One night during one of our talks she asked me if i was in a relationship on facebook and i said "no, hbu?" she said she wasn't and only jokingly married a guy for a day - she's 21 and claims to be a virgin who has even yet to have her first kiss. Needless to say I start having small suspicions in my head but I'm a pretty rational dude so I sometimes try not to let my mind jump to conclusions. She would send me very long texts going on and on about the things she liked about me and how she was interested in seeing what God had in store for us.

Long story short, I add her on facebook - she never once mentioned about becoming friends or anything. But turns out her status was "In a relationship" with some guy.. She had told me before about a guy who obsesses over her but never mentioned they were in a relationship.. She said she was adamant about how her relationships been over for a while but didn't feel the need to change it on fb. Look, i know fb is just some website but I feel like if you end it with someone it'll come off facebook as well.

I'm confused at this point so I send her a "I can't really do this anymore" text. Just explaining how caught off-guard I am about this other guy who is like head over heels for her and how we can't meet up until December. I just felt like it could be too much for me and be a waste of time, even though I truly dug this girl's personality. Sounds foolish but I thought I'd met my match.

It's been a few days now we talk here and there but our communication just ain't the same. Was I in the wrong for approaching her about the boyfriend thing? I'm usually never wrapped up in my feelings but at the same time I just wanted her to be an honest girl, and I guess I was bummed when I found out that might not be the case. Any advice on this situation would be hugely appreciated. Thanks dudes.

acrosstheuniverse

She's a tool. She's in a relationship searching for some fun on the side with you. And she has some balls to let you see her facebook and be able to contact her boyfriend if you wanted to. But chances are she knows he wouldn't leave her anyway, or she wouldn't be risking it. Plus you weren't even going to meet for half a year anyway, you have no future. Run.

You approached her to be your Boyfriend?

Never do that man.

And repeat these words, "I dont know a person that I've never met"

You can be friends with her and talk to her, but until you meet her, you DONT know her, as much as you guys have in common, and so on, and so fourth

You approached her to be your Boyfriend?

Never do that man.

And repeat these words, "I dont know a person that I've never met"

You can be friends with her and talk to her, but until you meet her, you DONT know her, as much as you guys have in common, and so on, and so fourth

whats wrong with approaching her to ber her bf if he likes her?

whats wrong with approaching her to ber her bf if he likes her?

A grown man approaching a girl he's never met and asking her to be his Girlfriend. - This is not a rom-com.

Doesnt work like that partner sorry to say