Is he not interested anymore?

During the last month of my second year in university, I met this guy who was from a different university but in the same city. He let me know right away that he was interested and wanted a date from me. Since we had finals and I was leaving for home right after my last exam (3 hours away), I told him I wasn't too sure about a date since we probably wouldn't see each other until September as he has summer school in our university city until August and his home is in a different province. He then told me he would wait until September as long as I promised him a date.

We ended up going out the last night before I left for home and it went fairly well as he asked me about the next time he could see me and told me to keep in touch. This was about 5 weeks ago and up until 2 weeks ago he has been texting me everyday and checking up on me. He told me that he liked me and he kind of pulled it out of me that I liked him too which he was glad to hear. However now he doesn't text me as often and I feel like he doesn't try as hard to impress me anymore or contact me as often (no more good morning texts, didn't reply to my last snapchat last night, 2 instances where we went 1-3 days without talking to one another).

What should I do? Sometimes I initiate contact after he made a joke about him initiating everything, but he didn't reply to the last snapchat I sent him last night so I don't really feel like sending more than one message in a row. I just feel like he's more distant than usual even though he's supposed to come visit me sometime during the summer and our conversations have been good, but they haven't been as often and are not as flirtatious especially since we've been snapchatting one another (since 5 days ago that I got snapchat).

During the last month of my second year in university, I met this guy who was from a different university but in the same city. He let me know right away that he was interested and wanted a date from me. Since we had finals and I was leaving for home right after my last exam (3 hours away), I told him I wasn't too sure about a date since we probably wouldn't see each other until September as he has summer school in our university city until August and his home is in a different province. He then told me he would wait until September as long as I promised him a date.

We ended up going out the last night before I left for home and it went fairly well as he asked me about the next time he could see me and told me to keep in touch. This was about 5 weeks ago and up until 2 weeks ago he has been texting me everyday and checking up on me. He told me that he liked me and he kind of pulled it out of me that I liked him too which he was glad to hear. However now he doesn't text me as often and I feel like he doesn't try as hard to impress me anymore or contact me as often (no more good morning texts, didn't reply to my last snapchat last night, 2 instances where we went 1-3 days without talking to one another).

What should I do? Sometimes I initiate contact after he made a joke about him initiating everything, but he didn't reply to the last snapchat I sent him last night so I don't really feel like sending more than one message in a row. I just feel like he's more distant than usual even though he's supposed to come visit me sometime during the summer and our conversations have been good, but they haven't been as often and are not as flirtatious especially since we've been snapchatting one another (since 5 days ago that I got snapchat).

I'm gonna give u the truth. Are u prepared for it? He's seeing another girl! I know men. They pretend interest in a woman and then as soon as another hotter girl comes along they jump ship!

Especially if she's younger!

My advice to u is to drop him like a bad habit. I wouldn't return any more of his texts or go on snapchat with him again. I know men like him. I'm much older than u so let experience guide u :bunny:

Edited by Febreze
error
  • Like 1
I'm gonna give u the truth. Are u prepared for it? He's seeing another girl! I know men. They pretend interest in a woman and then as soon as another hotter girl comes along they jump ship!

Especially if she's younger!

My advice to u is to drop him like a bad habit. I wouldn't return any more of his texts or go on snapchat with him again. I know men like him. I'm much older than u so let experience guide u :bunny:

Oh gosh, I don't believe this should be turned into a "all men are dogs" issue.

Fact is you guys are:

(1) Living at a distance;

(2) Are young and have your lives ahead of you;

(3) Only went on one date and didn't have enough time to form a real bond (and chatting online/text is not the same as spending time in person); and,

(4) He could really just be living life and all relationships reach a point where contact subsides.

So, you didn't have enough time to get to bond with him, he lives far away, and even "if" he met someone else, I'm sure that was going to happen for either of you at some point.

But seriously, if he's simply just living life and doesn't respond/communicate as frequently as you - when you send him more messages, it's gonna make him think you're psycho. Men are different, they don't need to chat as much as we women do. They may do so initially to keep you interested/get to know you, but once things start getting into a routine, don't expect him to be calling you every day/minute.

I don't think it's a male/female issue, but it is a human issue and I do agree there is someone else. It's obvious, if he didn't he would want the attention.

It's not necessarily that the girl is hotter or anything though, could just be that she's at least there.