Unsure of her status-How do I ask her out?

Downboundtrain

Downboundtrain

So about a year ago I met a girl a little older than me, but it was really brief, more like an introduction. I had gotten her number and called her wanting to get to know her. She said she had a boyfriend but things weren't exactly stable. But she said I seemed like a nice guy. I wished her the best and invited her out to lunch or something to talk if things ever changed.

We have not talked since (about a year). I know it has been a few months since she stopped seeing her boyfriend for good but I don’t know if she is seeing anyone else right now. I never see her anywhere or talk much so how do I go about talking to her? Do I just start making small talk (but it's obvious my intentions)....I have no idea what to say besides straight up asking her out. All I have is her number and I don’t want to call and strike out twice and find out she is seeing someone new. That would be permanent game over I think. I know one of her friends-do I ask her friend to get the scoop on her situation?

Is she interested? Do I have to be persistent? Would she date a younger guy (year and a half)? I've told myself to just move on but as you can see it has been a while and I just can’t. She’s one in a million.

Have you had any contact with her during the year or would you be coming back at her out of the blue? that could be startling.

Depending on how close to the mutual friend you are, you could just ask "what's up with _______?" Hopefully the mutual friend will be savvy enough to pick up on the fact that you really want to know if she's single.

• Author
Downboundtrain

I have not had any contact with her so yes it would be out of the blue.

The mutual friend was actually the one that tried to set me up but she knows it didn't work out last time so would it be too pressing to ask the friend what the situation is or should i just do it?

I say go for it. So what if you strike out twice? You can just laugh it off and curse your timing. If she's that good, it'd be a pity to have her end up in your "missed opportunities" file.

Oops- "how" to do it? I'd call her and ask to to a very nice dinner. Go big. JMO.

Just ask the friend. Especially if she was the one who set you up last time, she will know why you are asking.

Perhaps this mutual friend can arrange for you to all hang out. Then when you reconnect with the woman you like it won't be so random.

• Like 1

Text her exactly this word by word.

I would compete the Iron Man triathlon 3 times with 15kg weights on each ankle with Mr. Chow from Hangover strapped to my back shouting degrading insults directly into my ears while whipping the back of my head while a midget on a moped or boat follows me with a paintball gun that's shooting frozen paintballs at my manly area only to be greeted by a pack of wild pitbulls that I have to knock unconcious with my bare hands blind folded just to shake hands with the neighbour of the janitor that cleaned your high school classroom.

If she is the slightest bit interested, she will love this and laugh her head off. Good for you, proceed to ask her out.

If she is not interested at all, good for you also. No need to put in effort when its not warranted buddy.

Good luck.

todreaminblue
Text her exactly this word by word.

I would compete the Iron Man triathlon 3 times with 15kg weights on each ankle with Mr. Chow from Hangover strapped to my back shouting degrading insults directly into my ears while whipping the back of my head while a midget on a moped or boat follows me with a paintball gun that's shooting frozen paintballs at my manly area only to be greeted by a pack of wild pitbulls that I have to knock unconcious with my bare hands blind folded just to shake hands with the neighbour of the janitor that cleaned your high school classroom.

If she is the slightest bit interested, she will love this and laugh her head off. Good for you, proceed to ask her out.

If she is not interested at all, good for you also. No need to put in effort when its not warranted buddy.

Good luck.

lol very clever........this put a smile on face...hahahhaha...ahem...i second do this...best wishes.....deb