Instead of meeting your date for coffee

Why not do something a bit different for a change and go to a museum?

Of course, there would be the extra expense of plane tickets.

If we're meeting for the very first time, how would I know whether she even likes museums? I once took a date out to a museum, and I could tell very quickly that she was really bored.

If we're meeting for the very first time, how would I know whether she even likes museums?

You didn't click on the link, did you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 2
Candy_Pants

I visited a restaurant in Italy that had cazzo (dick) everywhere.

Dinner and a museum sounds delicious, I mean, great :).

My statement still stands.

Okay... Assuming you have been chatting with someone a while, it should be relatively easy to figure out if he/she enjoys museums or not.

I have been on over 50 first dates and there is no way a guy would have asked to meet me in - say - a sports bar... He would have learned enough about me before I agreed to the date to know that sort of activity is not my thing.

Alternately, the last First Date I went on *was* to a museum ('cuz I love 'em!) and I ended up marrying the guy!

• Like 1

I could only hope that someday I would be able to take someone on a date like this, and have her find the amusement and humor in it.

I envision most dates being mortified I chose a "dick museum" as a first date venue. LOL.

If you don't want to go all the way to Iceland, find any art collection with a decent amount of paintings from Europe around 500 or so years ago. I'm pretty sure the Ringling Museum in Sarasota has more cock and balls showing than the Phallic Museum in Iceland.

Okay... Assuming you have been chatting with someone a while, it should be relatively easy to figure out if he/she enjoys museums or not.

I have been on over 50 first dates and there is no way a guy would have asked to meet me in - say - a sports bar... He would have learned enough about me before I agreed to the date to know that sort of activity is not my thing.

Alternately, the last First Date I went on *was* to a museum ('cuz I love 'em!) and I ended up marrying the guy!

Unless I've been friends with the girl beforehand, how would I know her well enough to know that she likes museums? Wouldn't I have to meet her somewhere else first in order to get a chance to get to know her?

organizedchaos
Unless I've been friends with the girl beforehand, how would I know her well enough to know that she likes museums? Wouldn't I have to meet her somewhere else first in order to get a chance to get to know her?

Assuming you've been chatting with her before the first date, getting to know her over text, online, etc...how hard is it to ask what she likes doing? If she likes museums, hiking, sports, etc? She does? Great, quickly look up what's showing at the nearest museum and suggest you both meet there to check it out!

This isn't rocket science man.

Assuming you've been chatting with her before the first date, getting to know her over text, online, etc...how hard is it to ask what she likes doing? If she likes museums, hiking, sports, etc? She does? Great, quickly look up what's showing at the nearest museum and suggest you both meet there to check it out!

This isn't rocket science man.

I don't know if I agree...rocket science might be easier--at least with rocket science the rules of physics don't change on you, but with every girl it's different...so you never know what results to expect :laugh:

But yeah, assuming that I've had at-length conversations with a girl via a text medium or call beforehand, I might stumble upon whether she likes museums. But what if all I've had is just some witty banter or flirtation? That's not much to go on.

Besides, not all museums might be of interest. For example, I personally don't always find art museums that interesting--depends on the type of art. But history museums on the other hand, oh man...

I especially liked the silver team, haha

It appears that the owners are pictured above.

LONG winters in Iceland, doncha know... ;)

Now we just need a vagina/labia museum. Even better if the vaginas that go with the phallus for different animals were added. As long as the animals died a natural death of course...

Edited by RedRobin

I've been there! It was the first tourist attraction we came across as we walked from our accommodation to the centre of the town.

My son (then days from turning 16) had to leave for a break outside as he was very queasy and green-looking. The lamp shades made from goat scrotum were nicer on the eye than you'd think, but some of it, and the stories of how the exhibits came to be exhibits, was pretty gruesome.