Relationship Issues

Kakarot

So this girl and I have known each other since 5th grade. We were never really close but the summer of 2013 (our junior uear in high school) we started talking and hanging out. I asked her out and she said no but the next day we hung out and we kissed and went out for a month. She broke up with me because I was depressed and unmotivated. I loved this girl more than anything, she taught me what happiness was and she was my first real girlfriend. Anyway my depression worsened and after a month I was sent to a hospital for suicidal thoughts. Got out after a few weeks and now its September, schools starting again. We start talking for the first time in about a month since I can't contact anyone in the hospital. She was very happy to hear from me cause I hadn't responded to my messages, she said she missed me and I told i went to the hospital and she was like omg so the next day we saw each other and we kissed. Fast forward 7 months weve been together(early april of this year) and they said old habits die hard I started becoming unmotivated and depressed again. When I say unmotivated I mean not looking for a job not trying in school school she felt like she needed a partner who has motivation to do this. So I really start busting my *** thi time trying not to make the same mistake again I got a 14$ job landscaping and I start trying to get my ged and go to college. Thats another story entirely but anyway I guess she sees im trying so we go out again. About two week later we get into an argument and she says she doesn't want to do this anymore. She talk and she tells me she doesn't feel that spark we did when we first started dating which I guess now that I think about it its true. But I don't find this fair that she waited until **** hit the fan to tell me this she does this all the time. So now we've been broken up for about 2 days and i just don't know what to do anymore. I want this girl more than anything I've gone through so much **** for her and id do it again to have her back. One side of me is telling me to move on but I just don't know if I can honestly do that another side is telling me to try and get her back and wait for her. Im just so tired of her dumping me but I want her so bad im so confused. We were gonna go to prom before this may 31st so hopefully she'll come back but idk What should I do and what do you make of the situation

Dude, sorry you're going through all that.

Honestly, I think it's best for you to just let her go. It seems like you have other things you need to worry about, such as your mental and emotional state. Sometimes, we become so intrigued by one thing or person and we think it's love, but really it's just infatuation. But love isn't supposed to be an on and off thing. It's supposed to help you grow!

I know you guys have shared some good times, but those are temporary. Look at it as a drug addiction. You know, people who do drugs will get some kind of temporary high or get in a trance, then when it's over it's over. Then they keep taking it, knowing that it's bad for them and later on when it's too late, they realize how damaging those drugs are.

Anyway, you're still young, and I'm sure that if you work at it and change your focus, you can accomplish so much more! And maybe permanently get out of the funk that you go through from time to time. Just figure out what makes you happy! And remember that your happiness doesn't rely on a person. It's all on you. You got this!

Goodluck!:)

• Like 1
  • Author
What she said.

1. A relationship isn't going to fix you or make you happy. You are responsible for that.

2. Until you level off, you aren't going to be able to maintain a satisfying relationship. Focus on stabilizing your depression and getting your life on track.

It's not going to be easy, but stay focused and you will get there.

I really wish I could take your guys advice but I've always been stubborn and I have never felt so strongly about anything. This is my dream.