1st date Mixed Signals?

steelgator

So I took this girl i met online to lunch. We never really talked before just set up a date. We had a nice conversation. There were only a couple awkward silences that didn't last long. Laughed a bit. I paid for both of us ended up being $50. At the end of the date she went right for a hug and said "text me later, I'm going to take a nap."

Now in my mind, the hug means she just wants to be friends and nothing more but she also told me to text her later? Girls any advice on this?

• Author

also she said that she doesn't drink and I told her I was kind of a partier in college but I'm getting over that phase but Idk if that turned her off

It's hard to say. Not enough information. How was she throughout the date? Was she touchy-feely at all? The hug doesn't mean she wasn't into you. I almost always go for a hug at the end of the first date just to avoid the whole awkward first kiss thing. You won't really know anything until you text her. Just text her and see if she's interested in going out again. If she makes up excuses or doesn't bother to text you back, well, you'll have your answer.