Too Shy and Taking Things Slow?

napy666

What do you do when you date someone who is too shy to make a move on you? Like a guy or girl is too shy to kiss you on the first date or first couple of dates, or too shy to hold your hand?

OR they want to get to know you taking things slow and talk to you for like 1-2 months before meeting you face to face.

What would you do in this situation? Would you date someone like this or have you?

That is not someone shy, that is someone that has something to hide and he is hoping by talking long he'll create an attachment so when you meet you will overlook what he's been hiding.

Don't waste your time on him.

That is not someone shy, that is someone that has something to hide and he is hoping by talking long he'll create an attachment so when you meet you will overlook what he's been hiding.

Don't waste your time on him.

I agree with you with regard to someone waiting two months to meet in person, but if he doesn't kiss you after after 1-2 dates would you still say the same? I'm really shy around girls, but I wouldn't want girls to think I was a weirdo by not kissing them soon enough...:eek:

I don't see anything wrong in not kissing or holding hands on the first couple of dates. A lot of couples don't kiss or hold hands under 3 dates, it's not particular to shy people.

But is this about the same person? This man needs to chat 2 months online but would be ok to kiss you on a 3rd date? Something doesn't add up.

Not holding hands or kissing for a few dates is fine. However, talking for 2 months before meeting is not.

If you feel so inclined, you can initiate the hand holding. Girls have always initiated the hand holding with me.

What do you do when you date someone who is too shy to make a move on you? Like a guy or girl is too shy to kiss you on the first date or first couple of dates, or too shy to hold your hand?

OR they want to get to know you taking things slow and talk to you for like 1-2 months before meeting you face to face.

What would you do in this situation? Would you date someone like this or have you?

Not the 'getting to know you' without meeting for months. There really is no getting to know online or via text. All that does is allow you time to set up a fantasy in your mind about what that person is or is not. Meet face to face without a lot of delay.

• Author

Well neither of us drives but there is a train that rides too and from our areas so.