What does it mean "We will meet again"?

ctcell

I have been dancing a lot recently (Latin dancing, not club dancing, so girls have to dance with guys). It is mostly on dancing floor of a cafe or bar. I met quite a few attractive girls, and every time I ask for their phone number, they will say the same thing "we will meet again" or "we will meet in the future", which is apparently a polite way of rejection.

Here is my approach:

I usually first dance with a girl and then talk with her a little bit while we are sitting on the bench (there are bench around the dancing floor where people can rest). My dancing skill is good and I taught quite a few of them. I usually ask her something like how did you know this place, what make you like Latin dancing, where do you go to school/work, where are you from, or what do you like to do when you get time off. Since it is so noisy inside, it is difficult for us to hear each other, let alone impress her with the conversation. Therefore, most of times I will just say "I would like to keep in touch/catch you up in the future, do you have a phone number/may I have you phone number?". And they always say the same sentence "we will meet again" to turn me down. Then I just say "That's fine, I will see you later". But I am not able to see many of them forever. That's why I ask their numbers so soon.

The question is: if I do meet any of them again (and yes I did), should I ask her number again or just give up forever. And what should be my approach the next time?

If this is set up that you do meet these women again then don't ask their number so fast, let them observe you a couple of times, chat them up, then ask for their number.

To those who have said no a first time I would not ask again soon. Only if you create a better rapport with them first then ask again.

ADD: Also, instead of asking for their number why don't you ask them to go grab a coffee with you after the dance? Women hate giving out their numbers and then wait forever for a call that never comes in.

• Like 2