Only messages back when I ask a question?

mokymoky

So there is this guy that I text back and at first we snpachatted and texted back and forth a lot, but now for some reason he only texts back if I text him a question. Why do guys do this? My friend said it's their way of being nice and answering a question, but if there is nothing to answer they just leave it as is since they dont want to continue the conversation, do you think that is right?

Thanks for any insight.

My guess would be that he read your text and did not have anything to add. I've done this from time to time. Some text require a response and some don't.

• Like 1

If you really want to know what he thinks - stop asking him anything.

Fall off his radar.

If he chases you up within 2 days, then respond.

If you hear nothing in 5 days - move on. There's nothing to see here......

• Like 3

Im a girl and im the same way I only answer texts when im spoken too or a question is asked sometimes ill just do a smile or "okay" so I can stop texting.

Having full blown out convo's by text is annoying to some people.

• Like 4
If you really want to know what he thinks - stop asking him anything.

Fall off his radar.

If he chases you up within 2 days, then respond.

If you hear nothing in 5 days - move on. There's nothing to see here......

This doesn't apply the other way around, does it?

JackieChiles
Don't have actual back-and-forth conversation via text messaging. If you want to talk, call.

I don't think it's as black and white as that. It may depend on the type of person you are. Honestly, of the girls I've dated, I've never really talked to them on the phone outside of making plans. Text all the time, though.

But as for the question thing, again, I think it depends on the person.

Maybe he's clueless? Maybe he thinks you're just bored? Guys don't have the same intuition (or they just don't obsess over things like this) like us girls do. If you really wanna move forward, I would try being a little more obvious. Ask him questions that interest him rather than just asking him random and general questions. Usually they don't care much about the conversation if the topic isn't that interesting... and that goes with girls, too. Even if I'm interested in the guy, but he's talking about a lame topic, I get bored. I'll respond just to be nice, but I really won't add much to it.

Hope that helps. Goodluck!

There are times I like to have conversations via text, but a lot of times I'll just read it and not respond. I agree that phone calls are a better way of communication.