Doubts of the future

Averagetoe

So today I told the girl I am seeing that I had purchased a sold out concert ticket to go with her in late august (she had already purchased one) but I didnt get the response I had hoped for. We've been dating for about 6 months now but it was what she said that has gotten me wondering she said it wasn't such a good idea that maybe we wouldn't be together anymore or maybe I wouldn't want to go with her. I told her if it didn't work out I could always sell the ticket since this concert sold out in less than one minute. The ticket was pretty expensive and I told her the only reason I bought it was so she didn't have to go by herself to a big city. Do you think she is hinting that we won't work out or is she just angry I dropped this kind of money or am I just over thinking everything. All opinions are welcomed

She is just being prudent in a new relationship.

I remember when I started dating my ex, after 6 months my car broke down and I was in need of a new one. I made an appointment to finance a new car but my boyfriend said he would buy me a new car and I could refund him monthly with no interests. I had the same exact reaction as your girlfriend. I said no, what about if our relationship doesn't last another year? It did to mean I had no trust in our relationship, I just felt it was too much of a long term investment for a very young relationship.