Do you think he wants to get married?

So my boyfriend and I have been together almost a year and half.

Everything's been so great lately. I love him and I can tell he loves me dearly too.

We were texting last night, and he was telling me he gets so excited when he thinks about me being pregnant(not really in a serious way though)

I texted him back such a long paragraph about how I want to settle down with him,,getting married all that. I said I want to see how it goes, n told him to not feel any pressure about it.

And he replied me back 'baby I do whatever you want, I love u' 'we figure it out, maybe we have a baby one day when we ready, i always wanted that'

And he said he wants to share everything with me, how he loves me so much.

So I thought the convo went well..

And today, he texted me saying he likes the long text that I sent last night, he never liked my long text till that one(bc I usually write a long text when we fight).. So i texted him back to think about it because I meant it.. Which he didn't reply..

I don't want to pressure him by keep asking him about it.

But I was thinking if he's ready, or really liked my text, he would have started to talk future with me, which he doesn't. N he didn't even reply to my text when i told him to think about it. Am I getting too paranoid?

Do u think I'm expecting too much from him now? While he's not thinking about it like that nor ready? Because he sometimes can say sweet thing without meaning it too much because he's just so excited at the moment.

I'm thinking maybe he texted last night without putting much thought into it..

What's your thoughts?

Whoa, he texted you TODAY saying he liked what you had to say. That's great, now let him digest it. It's a big step, don't push.

You should really be talking face to face about serious stuff, future hopes & dreams. Way to easy to hide behind a screen to text, easy misunderstand each other and so on....

Why on earth is this conversation through text....I don't get it...

• Like 7
So my boyfriend and I have been together almost a year and half.

Everything's been so great lately. I love him and I can tell he loves me dearly too.

We were texting last night, and he was telling me he gets so excited when he thinks about me being pregnant(not really in a serious way though)

I texted him back such a long paragraph about how I want to settle down with him,,getting married all that. I said I want to see how it goes, n told him to not feel any pressure about it.

And he replied me back 'baby I do whatever you want, I love u' 'we figure it out, maybe we have a baby one day when we ready, i always wanted that'

And he said he wants to share everything with me, how he loves me so much.

So I thought the convo went well..

And today, he texted me saying he likes the long text that I sent last night, he never liked my long text till that one(bc I usually write a long text when we fight).. So i texted him back to think about it because I meant it.. Which he didn't reply..

I don't want to pressure him by keep asking him about it.

But I was thinking if he's ready, or really liked my text, he would have started to talk future with me, which he doesn't. N he didn't even reply to my text when i told him to think about it. Am I getting too paranoid?

Do u think I'm expecting too much from him now? While he's not thinking about it like that nor ready? Because he sometimes can say sweet thing without meaning it too much because he's just so excited at the moment.

I'm thinking maybe he texted last night without putting much thought into it..

What's your thoughts?

I'm thinking, along with everyone else, that this is just too big a topic to discuss through texts (hence my signature).

You really need to talk - but wait a month.

Seriously, don't even think of bringing it up again - unless he does.

And if he does it through texts - tell him to TALK to you instead.

• Like 1
  • Author

I know I should have 'sit and talk' to discuss our future.

Which I will after wait a month or two like TaraMaiden asked me to.. I think you're right Tara, I should wait now.

But I was just wondering his thought,,

I say important stuffs thru text many times, because it helps me organize my thoughts n I don't forget what I need to say.. Like writing a letter. but we always talk serious stuff or anything in person, so I am not worried about that. And Ijust wanted to say what I think about our future nothing major serious when I texted him.

I guess I should wait for now since I said what I had to say. N if he doesn't really take any action, I'll have a sit down talk with him.

Thanks everyone!

Could I ask how old you both are....?

I discussed the future with my bf earlier on.

I want to know how a guy feels after a few months.

A guy knows how he feels about you within a few months, in order for him to know what he "likes the idea of"

Thank goodness. I feared something in the 'barely-out-of-our-teens' zone...! :p

Right, well, my advice still stands;

Don't mention this unless he does, and then discuss it face to face.

How long have you been dating?

Are you both financially independent?

Make one thing sure, no babies without a marriage.

It completly baffles me that people think text messaging is the way to plan a future & discuss something as important as marriage.

Until you have the discussion face to face no electronics involved, at best it's a pie in the sky fantasy.

• Like 2
Strength in Healing
If you get married, are you guys going to text your vows to each other, too?

Lolol hilarious