What does it mean if a guy your dating keeps bringing up a baby?

enchanted771

enchanted771

Just trying to find out how everyone else would take this convo. I am probably over analyzing but just interested in seeing everyone else’s view on it. I have known this guy for almost a year (8 months to be exact). We were just friends because I had just gotten out of a relationship and I told him I am only looking for friends. So we texted/talked, over the next few months and finally agreed to go out with him. Just didn’t have much trust for men so I was very nervous to meet anyone.

We did hit it off, and continue to see each other on a casual basis. Its his comments that kind of throw me for a loop. He made comments like “ if we had a baby, do you think it would be beautiful”? and we had already done the deed so it wasn’t like he was trying to sweet talk me. Then made comments such as “ well if we ever did get married then…” and comments about when we get old etc. Recently,he made this comment in response to me saying I was on birth control and wasn’t doing it for nothing.

Then he tells me if we had a baby it would be beautiful with our good looks. Then asks me would I want a girl or a boy, and what would I want him/her to have of his. How would you take this? Would you take it as a hint or not? not sure why a guy would keep bringing up having a child if he has nothing else to gain.

I have a son whom is 9, so not sure if i am not reading into something or over analyzing.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
hoping2heal

Hard to say, depends on the guy. There are men who talk about having kids wistfully, just as women do. These types are usually in the "fantasy" stage of their perception of what it means to have children and not really attached to the reality. But, maybe this guy is very serious about you and actually thinks about the 2 of you having children one day.

About this guy...

1. Does he have stable employment that could support a child?

2. Does he own or in the process of owning assets such as a vehicle, home, etc.

In some cultures men like to brag about having many children with many different women. They leave the taxpayer to support those kids.

Tell him you will consider having another baby when the man you marry has a stable job paying at least $__________ per year and no debt because you don't want to end up with someone like your ex. You find financially responsible, ambitious men very sexy.

In the meantime, make sure you are using birth control every time and have money set aside for an abortion in case you need it. He sounds a bit controlling.

If he really wants to see what your baby would look like, show him. Unlike a real baby, it's free. That should shut him up!

Edited by FitChick
Hard to say, depends on the guy. There are men who talk about having kids wistfully, just as women do. These types are usually in the "fantasy" stage of their perception of what it means to have children and not really attached to the reality. But, maybe this guy is very serious about you and actually thinks about the 2 of you having children one day.

About this guy...

Is that a shovel behind your back? ;)

• Author
enchanted771

About this guy...

Yes to both