Should I date him or forget him

Thegreatestthing

Thegreatestthing

I've pretty much already decided to forget this guy,but want second opinions.

Met on OLD ,he asked me out in a few weeks time when I'm in his area,I was a bit hesitant But said of course I'll meet up with you if I'm there,he replied sounds good :)

And that was it,nothing more,no attempt to extend the conversation - so I didn't reply.

The next day didn't msge me at all,but then at night sent me a msge asking if I'm still talking to some guys I had mentioned to him I'd been talking too.i didn't reply.

We've actually been talking briefly but for a long time and he said it's like were already in a weird relationship.but when I asked him to get a txt app to talk properly he never did ,even though every other guy talks to me on it,I really believe if a guy is interested in you he is interested in talking to you.the fact that he does not want to talk to me says it all,and I can't believe I'm even posting this.

Anyway another guy has asked me out and that's suppose to be tonight and he straight away got the txt app talks to me all the time on it,is better than the other guy in many many ways,so?

Edited by Thegreatestthing
thecrucible

Maybe the ball was in your court with the first guy and he expected you to reply to make definite plans when he said "sounds good :)".

I don't necessarily believe that he's not interested because of saying that. I mean I said that to a friend of mine recently and hope he will get back to me later re: definite plans. If he doesn't, I'll just follow him up on it. See no game playing there. I'm not going to stubbornly not message just 'cause I don't know what's going on.

I was just seeing a guy who'd say "Wanna meet up on Tuesday night?". I'd say "sure that sounds great :)" but he wouldn't make a time or anything which was kind of annoying. As it turns out I wasn't interested in him, but it was his way of testing my interest (I believe anyway). I was kind of annoyed by it though, for some reason. He was playing text games to try and get me interested rather than cutting the bull**** and asking me out.

So anyway my point is that maybe on the first point you could have replied to that guy, 'cause he may well have been genuine when he said "sounds great :)". You can't assume without the tone.

I've had people online ask me to get whatsapp but I haven't because I'm kind of crap with technology and I can't be bothered. Maybe he's like me and just prefers to communicate by text? Or he is playing hard to get? I did that with the guy I mentioned above. He asked me for my number in a roundabout way..."I can't read facebook messages properly on my phone. Texting is better". I didn't take the hint 'cause I wanted him to just straight out ask me. I was actually hesistant to give him my number because I wasn't sure about him. Now I think it was my lack of interest showing...and I think I was playing games with him unknowingly. I would encourage you not to follow that example.

On the second point of not getting an app to talk, either he is playing hard to get or isn't interested, or both? I'm not sure. However when a guy has offered to text on one of those apps, I've said I prefer other forms of the communication and the guy has followed through. Some guys even installed skype because I said I prefer that (not trying to get my own way all the time though I hasten to add). I think that's a good sign that he's willing to make the effort. But at the same time, I don't think not using it means he wasn't interested.

Edited by thecrucible
  • Author
Thegreatestthing

Thanks for your help crucible,I think I'll just leave it.

thecrucible
Thanks for your help crucible,I think I'll just leave it.

That's all right. Sorry I rambled on a bit hehe :)

I think sometimes that if you're not feeling it from the start, it's not worth going there. So regardless of anything, go for the guy you like more.

• Author
Thegreatestthing

You didn't ramble,so helpful. I actually like him more,but if he acts like this,there really isn't any point.

Better to focus on someone on someone who is into you,this new guy only has better looks,smarter etc etc etc.

nescafe1982

I didn't read the whole thread (only your first post), but I think his asking you about who else your talking to is a big red flag. If you're not dating exclusively and not having sex, this isn't his business. Seems a tad controlling, and flaky to boot!

I'd ditch this guy. Keep your options open for someone who will pursue you!